White bass in Allatoona

mmill143

Hi all,
Does anyone have an info regarding the white bass spawning run in Allatoona this year?

Has it started and if not what should I be looking for. Any recommendations on baits?

I've caught a few white bass on small cranks in early summer in the north end of the lake but was hoping to catch more than a few.

Thanks!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
1/8 oz jig head with a Strike King Slabilicious
3/16 oz jig head with a Berkley Sick Fish Jr.
Berkley Flicker Shad

Those 3 with catch any white bass, in any lake, across the state.

Msteele

Try a small Scrounger head with a tiny super fluke in lighter colors is a great combo. I’ve taken serveral people up the Etowah and fish the bends and slack waters with 100 plus fish caught in a couple hours when the run is in full swing.

MattKelley

I seem to catch larger ones on rat-l-traps plus the bites are much harder. They really seem to slam them! But for numbers, I use a 1/16oz white curly tail.

campinrob

They starting to show up North end. I was targeting Hybes and stripers last week and caught a bunch on the Urig which is very unusual. They are hungry and bait numbers seem to be lower due to the shad kill with the cold temps this year. Not someone to give to much on what to use other than what was said above and you will do well. Good luck have fun.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
2" chartreuse curlytails and small Cordell Spot lipless cranks are my favorite white bass catchers.

Teh Wicked

Any places that are Kayak accessible? Never been white bass fishing before and I got a window of opportunity coming up to give it a go.

jeardley

You could try rope mill park up 575 above woodstock. I've seen a lot of people paddle down and back up fishing in a kayak there. Short carry to launch. Just get there early as the parking can fill in pretty quick. I've caught a lot of white bass here when they make their run.

Teh Wicked

Not worried about the carry, I have a cart and can wheel it a good ways without a lot of effort...Just looking for a river that is accessible and has White Bass. Would prefer not to float from launch to launch, but that is also an option.

mmill143

Any places that are Kayak accessible? Never been white bass fishing before and I got a window of opportunity coming up to give it a go.

If you go to rope mill make sure that the water is high enough to get past the retaining dams downstream.

There is a lot of good fishing downstream from there but the water has to be high.

You could also put in at the ramp across from the little river marina.

Teh Wicked

Im open for suggestions, just wanting to fill a slot on my species list and catch some white bass while they are in the run. I hear its fun and I have never had a 100 fish day.

I live in Flowery Branch, work in Norcross. Should have a weekend free around the 7th of April, so I think the run should be hot around that time.