Garmin striker ??

charlie81

Just wondering if anyone is using the Garmin striker? Seems like a great value for the money. My main question is about the waypoints and routes. I know the striker doesn’t have any maps but I’m curious if I would be able to “map” a route. For example, could I run up a creek during the day, save the route I took, and then use it as a guide to follow at night? Also just looking for any feedback on the units, pros or cons. Thanks!

Mildee

I have one....only used it a few times, but I can turn the unit on in my garage and it will show me my routes I’ve traveled on the lake...if you scroll to the route it shows you what day and time you were on this route.

You can change the way your coordinates are to make them compatible with google earth...or you can change google earths coordinates to make them jive with the striker.

Definitely a good unit for $100 in my opinion

charlie81

Thanks for the info. I never thought about downloading the manual.
Mildee- that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

dank1296

Got one on my solo skiff love it. usually keep it on traditional mode. Can see fish come up and hit the downlines.

charlie81

I decided to go with a 7” striker on the trolling motor and an Echomap 6” at the console. Spent all day yesterday installing both units. Really excited to try them out on the water soon.

The mtn man

I have one, it's a great unit, but I mostly use the traditional mode. I just got it because it was cheap for what it was, screen is tiny, but works great.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Have one on my kayak and love it. Very useful. If you can, save a little extra money and get the CV version with the 3D sonar. You should be able to map courses with it and follow them. It will beep if you get off course and redirect you to get back on track

charlie81

Thanks for the posts guys. After reading all the positive reports I’m sure I’ll be happy with the units.