New tow rig

walters

Wife and I bought us a new tow rig, well new to us, 2016 Ford F350 6.7 diesal, only 11k miles, it is haws, Had a ram 2500 6.4 hemi,
It was a very strong truck but I like the feel of a dually truck under my 38 ft 5er, pulled my camper 15 miles with it, didn't even know it was back there, put me a semi aggressive set of tires on it yesterday to make it look like 4 wheel drive suppose too:yeah:

Attachments

• IMG_20180223_135301490~2.jpg
    IMG_20180223_135301490~2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 585

Big7

The Oracle
Nice Truck!

And Camper. :clap:

Wish I still had my Starcraft. facepalm:

Sure do miss that thing.
Bought it for a long term job in Florida
but it was just to big for camping use.
(to me anyway)

T-N-T

That will do you a much better job with that 5er

Nice truck

Greene728

I'm not a huge dually fan, but man that's a good looking rig! Congrats!

walters

Truck

I'm not a huge dually fan, but man that's a good looking rig! Congrats!

Most people are not till u pull with one, they will handle a load alot better, but they are big trucks harder to park in small parking lots and all, thanks for compliments everyone

walters

Tomorrow

Leaving tomorrow pulling to moccasin Creek for a few days to do some trout fishing and relaxing, think I'm gonna cook up some boiled peanuts.. :)

walters

Pulling out

Headed for the mtns...

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_102038848~2.jpg
    IMG_20180318_102038848~2.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_20180318_101802211~2.jpg
    IMG_20180318_101802211~2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 514

naildrvr

Nice looking setup. I too have the 6.7 and you're right it's a hoss. I pull my tool trailer on a regular basis and that truck doesn't know anything is behind it.

Big7

The Oracle
Man-oh-man.

That looks/sounds like a plan!

rospaw

Really nice Truck! :clap:
If you don't mind keep us posted on the fuel economy. Pulling and everyday driving. Thanks!

walters

Gas-diesal

If u had the 6.0 diesal I can understand., If u drive one like these kids do I can understand, I've never had a problem out of one yet, and these new ones are suppose to be great motors, I done my homework..

LTZ25

If u had the 6.0 diesal I can understand., If u drive one like these kids do I can understand, I've never had a problem out of one yet, and these new ones are suppose to be great motors, I done my homework..
Agree !!!!!!!!!

plumber_1969

I am praying for you that you are right. I will NEVER own another Ford after what we were put through on our 6.0. We spent over $10,000 in repairs and even after Ford settled their lawsuit with international, us consumers were bent over the barrel with no end in sight. It is tragic and the fact that Ford threw their hands up and said it's not covered anymore really had me close to postal :shoot:. It is a nice looking rig though. Best of luck and safe travels.

ryanh487

I am praying for you that you are right. I will NEVER own another Ford after what we were put through on our 6.0. We spent over $10,000 in repairs and even after Ford settled their lawsuit with international, us consumers were bent over the barrel with no end in sight. It is tragic and the fact that Ford threw their hands up and said it's not covered anymore really had me close to postal :shoot:. It is a nice looking rig though. Best of luck and safe travels.

The 6.0 is a well known lemon. Avoid it like the plague. Every ford diesel from 2003-2007 is cancer. The 6.7 is a winner from what I've researched though.

walters

Truck

I haven't talk to anyone who said anything bad about the 2013 up 6.7 powerstroke, my mechanic says it's rare he ever touches one, now I did here the 11 and 12s had a turbo issue, but they got it ironed out, have a friend with a 2011 that has never seen a shop...but we will take it as it comes.., I know it pulls better than any truck I've owned, and I've owned them all