Knots Illustrated

LTZ25

I'm not good at tying a fluorocarbon leader on a braid line , so I got me a Denison knot tool from Dakota Angler for $10 , not I'm a pro at tying tight knots . It's simple and could be made at home but for $10 you can't beat it .

Cfrober

Two great knots

Any kind of Internet search for fishing knots will give you some good sites to learn knot tieing. My two favorites are:(1)the Kreh Loop for tieing lures or to allow a free floating minnow more freedom to move on the hook. It is MUCH easier to tie than the Rapala and the tag is downstream, so it doesn't pick up any debris like the Rapala. (2) the Trilene knot instead of the improved clinch for hooks or swivels. It is stronger and, I think, easier to tie also. If you know those two knots, you can do almost anything.
PS: I don't know how the emoji got on the post, but I couldn't get rid of it. Some defect in the website!

oldfella1962

Since I'm using 4# test mono I need all the strength I can get. The clinch or improved clinch wasn't cutting it. So I took a few minutes to learn the Berkely Trilene knot....wow!

If you lube it up with spit (I've been doing that with all knots but now I know why it's important) I tested it out and your line will break somewhere obviously but the knot will hold every time. And it only takes one more step that the clinch - I wish I'd started using it years ago.

Big7

The Oracle
I've been using imp clinch since I was a kid on everything except fixed wire loops (like on a Rapala) for decades. Including the years I lived on the Gulf.
Good knot.

I'm trying to get in the habit of using knots with a double pass through the hook eye.

Stands to reason, a double pass through the eye would be stronger.

Big7

The Oracle
And... The tok that tik's has a bunch of video of folks tying all different knots with big hoops and rope.

You can get the hang very easy watching those.

oldfella1962

And... The tok that tik's has a bunch of video of folks tying all different knots with big hoops and rope.

You can get the hang very easy watching those.
oh no doubt those thick lines/ropes are great for demonstrating.
But then my 59 year old eyes get a workout when it's time to tie on something small. :(