Potential Land Buying

ucfireman

Isnt there a minimum to be considered for conservation? Reason I ask is Im looking at 3 acres here to build a house on with the future possibility of acquiring the larger tract next to it, which will put it at about 7 acres.

From Coweta county. Supposedly the state changed the rules a few years ago. Said now it is 10 acres minus what ever the county has as a minimum for a residence.
Example Coweta 10+ 5ac min for house so 15 total. Used to be 10 min. no mater what. In Coweta there are some properties that were grandfathered when the minimum for a house was 2 ac so those can get by with 12 ac.
Is definitely worth it, it cuts my taxes about 2/3.
I used Ag South for a home loan on my 38ac. Fixed rate for 30yrs just like a bank.
I would look at where you want to be in 20-30 years. Dont buy in an area that is growing if you dont want growth, my mistake. I thought this would be my retirement place but its too close to Atl and growing too much.
As said earlier, water would be nice, electric close and road frontage (or access) Check well depths in the area, they can be expensive.
Dont discount the HELOC, They are tax deductible (unless things changed). A raw land loan isn't, Just a consideration.