SWGA Corn is Gold !!

Redhand

We also buy all of of corn and stuff from Top bait. Hixons gets a little bit of our money but most of it goes to Charles! Also I try to support them and not buy anything before I get up there. I don't buy it here in Florida. They appreciate it.

GDAWG84

I grew up in Cuthbert. I remember before it was Top Bait, Frank Ford owned the place and did taxidermy work there. The building where Charles has his corn and seed, used to be a grocery store.

Mr. Ford used to do all our taxidermy work before he died. He did some excellent work. I’m glad to see the his place getting put to worthwhile use.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I grew up in Cuthbert. I remember before it was Top Bait, Frank Ford owned the place and did taxidermy work there. The building where Charles has his corn and seed, used to be a grocery store.

Mr. Frank was a good taxidermist. We used to stop by his shop and visit with him.

buckmanmike

At Bottom Bait, Mr. Ben would give free ice with your purchase whether beer or bait.
They had an oyster bar there for a short while. Always seemed like a crowd there when I went.

DeoVindice

There's a place like that in Greenville, Ga. called Sentry hardware. I stop by there regularly to grab a bag of corn. The corn is grown in south Ga. and looks really great. They sell tons of it to hunters passing through.

armyvet4583

It would be a economic disaster If some wife’s knew.
If it was outlawed completely the same for some farmers.
The total spent and profit in Ga alone would make some heads spin.
I work with 2 boys at a paper mill. They decided to start back up the family farm. Mostly the grow a few hundred ac. Of corn. All but maybe a load or two is sold to hunters. So you are right it would hurt alot of small timers

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I work with 2 boys at a paper mill. They decided to start back up the family farm. Mostly the grow a few hundred ac. Of corn. All but maybe a load or two is sold to hunters. So you are right it would hurt alot of small timers
There’s some narrow minded folks on here.
Some of them I think have deer feeders and don’t want the competition ! They may not hunt over it but it keeps the deer in the area. JMO maybe.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
There’s some narrow minded folks on here.

Yep! And some real nosy ones too! We even have people on here that will tell you how and what to do on your property.. Then, heaven forbid you ever come close to your property line..