Musky

Jim Lee

My wife and I were in Minnesota and she caught this one on a light spinning rod and 8# mono (no leader).

Attachments

• 0E9372D1-5B2E-446E-8433-1B7E3CF12173.jpeg
    0E9372D1-5B2E-446E-8433-1B7E3CF12173.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 657

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a nice one! :cheers:

And lucky on that no-leader catch. Most of the ones I hook around here while fishing for other fish cut me off pretty quick-like.

Jim Lee

I was nervous, I think I felt something warm running down my leg! :biggrin2:

Cmp1

BANNED
Wow,,,, Lk St Clair is famous for them up here, congrats,,,, great fighting fish,,,, would love to get you guys and me to set up a charter up here,,,,

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Why is it funny someone asked what they taste like ? If they lived around me I could tell u , I don’t release any fish until I’ve got enough for dinner , but on the fishing shows I’ve never seen anyone keep them !

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Beautiful fish and smile , congrats to the young lady !

lampern

Why is it funny someone asked what they taste like ? If they lived around me I could tell u , I don’t release any fish until I’ve got enough for dinner , but on the fishing shows I’ve never seen anyone keep them !

I've heard muskies are strictly catch and release where you can find them.

:huh:

ambush80

When I saw PopPop's response, it occurred to me how the reading of my answer might sound funny....in a 10 year old boy kind of way.:bounce:

::ke:::ke:::ke:::ke:::ke:::ke:Atcha', PopPop!!:D:cheers:

ambush80

I've heard muskies are strictly catch and release where you can find them.

:huh:

I looked around the interwebs and found some good recipes for musky, even some videos on how to clean them. Seems like a giant pike, which are delicious. I'd eat one in a second.