Camping Groups

OutdoorSteve

Are there any groups that get together and camp besides backpacking groups? I love backpacking excursions, but the other half can't handle it.

3ringer

There are camping clubs. When I had my camper , I was a member of a camping club. We had outings and had big cookouts. You dont have to have a camper, you can camp in anything. They always camped in campgrounds. I prefer to camp primitive in the mountains. Woody's has some camping outings during the year. There is a thread on this forum talking about it.

Artfuldodger

When I was young my family was in a local chapter of the National Campers & Hikers Association. We had a monthly camp out with our local club. We also attended State camp outs. My parents stayed in the club until they were in their eighties. It was a lot of fun.
Funny how people are back to camping in tents again. There was a time when you didn't see many tents in campgrounds and now you see a lot. I enjoy camping in campers, tents, canoe camping trips and backpacking.

papachaz

try this group canvascampers.com I'm not active there anymore but there are a lot of good people there and there's a group of GA folks who have a group camp spring and fall