camper advice

Bob2010

So I found this camper and I want to buy it. In good shape and only asking $3500. Ceiling shows no sign of a water leak. If there was one it was repaired professionally. But there is a spot under the carpet where linoleum was cut and wood was replaced. 2'x2' and he had the windows left open. Not worried about repair as it looks fine. Dont want a mold trap. He did not disclose the floor repair and said his brother owns the camper. Will a camper get a soft spot on the floor without a leak or water from above? Seems to new a camper for floor rot without a leak at dome point. Which means he is lying about no leaks ever! Thoughts appreciated.

greg_n_clayton

Where was it or what was it near ?? A exterior door maybe ??

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
So I found this camper and I want to buy it. In good shape and only asking $3500. Ceiling shows no sign of a water leak. If there was one it was repaired professionally. But there is a spot under the carpet where linoleum was cut and wood was replaced. 2'x2' and he had the windows left open. Not worried about repair as it looks fine. Dont want a mold trap. He did not disclose the floor repair and said his brother owns the camper. Will a camper get a soft spot on the floor without a leak or water from above? Seems to new a camper for floor rot without a leak at dome point. Which means he is lying about no leaks ever! Thoughts appreciated.

You say there is a spot under the carpet, then you say the linoleum was cut and wood replaced...... did you take up the carpet? Im not following you

Bob2010

He put new indoor outdoor carpet over the original linoleum. I could feel a difference in floor height under my boot. Found a seam in carpet and looked under it. I could see the linoleum was cut and wood was replaced. The campers maybe 8 years old and not a junker. Photobucket is not working on my new phone or I would show you a photo. The door is another 2 or 3 ft from the repair. Its right in the middle of the camper. Not near the sink either. Just seems it would have to be water damage on a camper less than 10 years old. Owner claims no water just a soft spot needed replacing. Will a camper floor rot from excessive driving water from the road below? Just can't figure out if it was leaking and he paid a pro to fix it. Meaning mold in walls is possible. Or if a floor could just rot with no water like he says. Less than 10 years.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
He put new indoor outdoor carpet over the original linoleum. I could feel a difference in floor height under my boot. Found a seam in carpet and looked under it. I could see the linoleum was cut and wood was replaced. The campers maybe 8 years old and not a junker. Photobucket is not working on my new phone or I would show you a photo. The door is another 2 or 3 ft from the repair. Its right in the middle of the camper. Not near the sink either. Just seems it would have to be water damage on a camper less than 10 years old. Owner claims no water just a soft spot needed replacing. Will a camper floor rot from excessive driving water from the road below? Just can't figure out if it was leaking and he paid a pro to fix it. Meaning mold in walls is possible. Or if a floor could just rot with no water like he says. Less than 10 years.

Its not likely, but someone may have been working on something like plumbing, etc. Look under the trailer in the same spot and see if the insulation has been cut in the same spot.

Artfuldodger

Its not likely, but someone may have been working on something like plumbing, etc. Look under the trailer in the same spot and see if the insulation has been cut in the same spot.

I would ask his brother about the repair. He might have had the windows open just to air it out and not being related to mold. You'd think if it was a roof leak over that spot it would have puddled on the vinyl flooring and ran to the edge. Like milkman said it'd possible they had to cut it for some reason. It's not likely someone would do quality repairs on the roof and not the floor as with the uneven wood.

T-N-T

Some plumbing might have burst under floor and sprayed and sprayed... Should show under from outside I would think