Ranger vs Nitro vs Skeeter

carolinagreenhead

What's your preferred boat and why? We all know that Ranger is the most preferred boat over the years but the price point of Nitro demands a look. Skeeter is pretty much like a Ranger almost, or at least by price. What's your preferred boat?

8pointduck

Triton. Because Ranger ain't the only one. Buy the way, they are owned by the same holding company now.Along with Stratos and Champion,which they incorporated with Stratos.

xxstang90

Id go with the closest to your house because that's where you will probably have it serviced. If boat X is closest to your house get boat X, you dont want to drive a long way every time you need it serviced. Also look at how big the front deck is from side to side. One boat might be a lot skinnier at the front- me I want all the room on the deck I can get, that's where I spend 90% of my boat time.

8pointduck

Not many bad ones out there anymore. I know people who have all the ones mentioned and they have all proven to be great boats. Stang is right about going with the closest one.

BowShooter

I have a skeeter and love it but would own a ranger, triton, phoenix, basscat, stratos.... for me the motor is the mst important so i gotta have a yamaha

carolinagreenhead

I have a skeeter and love it but would own a ranger, triton, phoenix, basscat, stratos.... for me the motor is the mst important so i gotta have a yamaha

I do like the Yamaha SHO motor. I also like Mercury as well. I wasn't thinking about it when I posted this but the Ranger z118 or z119 is supposed to have the same price point as the Nitro. I do like the way Rangers are made. I've watched the youtube video of the Ranger cut away boat several times. That speaks volumes in itself. I've never seen another manufacturer do a video like that.

EZ Spin

I would recommend definably taking a test drive in all three (or more) as a boat is a huge investment. I was looking at Skeeter and Triton and drove both and several used Rangers when a friend who worked with me at the Operation One Voice event why I was not looking at Nitros. I test drove a Z8 and can honestly say it was smooth a ride as the rest at about $15,000 less (new) than any other simularly equipped boats with the same features that were 20 plus foot boats. I got all the features I wanted and a 250 Mercury, 101 Minn Kota, and full Humminbird Electronics and my back no longer gets beat up like it did in my old 18 foot boat. Go test drive them all and if you want to see more about my Z8 then PM me. Main thing is to get what you want if you plan to keep it 10 years or more like I do.

bandit819

The decision is up to you. The factors I considered before making up my mind were. Price, fuel economy of hull, what came standard, rough water ride, trailering ease, on water speed, ease of getting to anything to work on, warranty, overall ride comfort and fishing comfort. I got a Skeeter ZX190. It does everything I want it to do on big water and small, it has a 150 Yamaha V-max and will do almost 70(plenty fast for me), is good on fuel, handles like a dream. Every boat has pro's and cons Its a very personal choice and I wish you luck. Just get out there drive them all and see what you like. Just a suggestion but get everything you think you want on the boat when you buy it. It is still hard for me to drill holes in my boat.

Rusty Shakleford

Whatever boat I currently own is the best brand by far until I get another brand. At that point, I will know how naive I was in the past because the new one is the greatest on earth...

arcadedawg

Nitro

The best fisherman ever fishes out of a Nitro and always has. I know Nitro sponsor him but I bet any boat company would sponsor KVD.