Orvis videos.... worth a look...

Alan in GA

Guess I saw the link on FaceBook, not sure. If you search ORVIS you should find a series of 6 videos about aspects of fly fishing. I figured it would be a 'buy Orvis' ad but found it a great series of 'how to'.
Funny how I've been mostly self taught since my Dad bought me my first fishing rod ever, a fly rod, in 1967(?). He said "If you learn to fish with one of these FIRST, all the other fishing rods will be easier." He was right, except maybe for a brief [?!!] learning period with my first baitcasting reels : )
I still learned some from the Orvis videos!
Let me know what you think.

jettman96

Yes the Orvis videos I've watched have been GREAT! I am fairly new to fly fishing and I have watched several knot and casting videos that Have greatly improved my fly fishing experience.

For anyone looking for them here is the link. (I think someone posted these not too long ago in another thread.):
http://howtoflyfish.orvis.com/video-lessons

Ourspot

I too am mostly self taught since I learned fly fishing from my dad (1965?). The videos I watched were very informative and I certainly learned things I didn't know. I look forward to seeing them all. Thanks for posting.

Does anyone have recommendations for places to trout fishing in N. Ga.? I just moved there from the Chattanooga, Tn. area.

Thanks again