Newbie pics

typx66

I'm new to this board and photography. Just wanted to share some of my 1st pics. Taken with a T3i.
I would appreciate any comments, pointers, or constructive criticism.

Attachments

• Flowers 1 036.jpeg
    Flowers 1 036.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Flowers 1 039.jpeg
    Flowers 1 039.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Flowers 1 016.jpeg
    Flowers 1 016.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Flowers 1 017.jpeg
    Flowers 1 017.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Welcome to the photo forum. Looks like you have a good eye for the shots. They look great! Can't wait to see more of the world through your eyes!

Sea dawg1978

Welcome to the forum and great shots.. Some simple things to keep in mind ( I'm no pro, this is just something that has been pointed out to me). The second shot, the top of the flower is clipped, there is room on the bottom of the frame to get the whole flower framed. With macro, 3-4 shots, lighting and a tripod will be your best friend. They are a bit under exposed and a bit soft. Think of it as a rifle scope, the more you are zoomed in the more movement is exaggerated. Also there are thousands upon thousands of youtube videos about photography watch some of them. Learn how aperture, iso, and shutter speed work together to create a correctly exposed and sharp image. Practice a lot and post up, there are some great folks here with some great experience and knowledge to help you out.

grandpawrichard

It looks to me like you are off to an Amazing Start in your Photography hobby! Congrats to you! Now comes a serious amount of time, effort and money to fully develop into a well rounded photographer! I forsee a lot of new camera gear being bought! ;) :) :D

Dick

typx66

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Yes I see a lot of camera equipment too! Just what I need, another hobby! Looking at macro lenses, prime lenses, wide angle lenses, tripods......boy it's about to get ugly!

Sea dawg1978

Your right it can get very expensive. But the rewards are great. One thing, and i speak from experience, is dont go too cheap on a tripod. A good sturdy set of legs will save you a lot of frustration.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Pretty flowers, nice shots of them too.....

Take lot's of pics and enjoy doing it..