West Georgia Hog Hunting???

hulk181

I keep hearing rumors of a lot of people seeing Hogs near Liberty Rd off of I-20. I live and hunt 10 minutes from there and haven't seen the first sig of one. Anybody know of any where to hunt in the West GA area that has hogs?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Paulding forest WMA has them:cool:

I saw a little sign there recently and found a Harvest sign out sheet with several names on it(Check station)..........One guy got a Double:clap:

I saw a dead hog just South of I-20 a few years back......They are There too;)

I just dont know anywhere else to hunt, besides the WMAs

TCOmega

It's not a rumor. I've seen them myself. Feeding right along side the road. Never even moved when I drove by. I thought maybe they belonged to the guy who lived there. This was about 2 years ago.

billy62green

They are reportedly around in numbers in the creek bottoms and swamps of west Douglas and east Carroll; the area of bay springs creek and upper reaches of dog river. There are also supposed to be some around sweetwater creek. I saw a couple about a year ago in a swampy area that feeds the little tallapoosa river near Temple. They are starting to pop up around. I hope they stay off my property.

Bam Bam

They are reportedly around in numbers in the creek bottoms and swamps of west Douglas and east Carroll; the area of bay springs creek and upper reaches of dog river. There are also supposed to be some around sweetwater creek. I saw a couple about a year ago in a swampy area that feeds the little tallapoosa river near Temple. They are starting to pop up around. I hope they stay off my property.

Douglas County has got wild hogs, Liberty rd. area, Sweetwater creek/Fairburn rd./Mt. Vernon rd./Riverside Parkway/Thornton rd area!!!!! Carroll County has them too Fairfield area and Oak Mt. area, I got a small boar a few years back off Oak Mt!!!! There probably several more areas of douglas & carroll they are at!!!!:biggrin2:

chrisn1818

A friend of mine has 50 acre's on the edge of Paulding Forest off of 120 headed toward Buchanan. He had pigs on his place during the summer but we only saw them once. They are moving in around Pumpkinvine Creek. Paulding Forest will be covered up in 10 years. Once they move in they are there for good.

devin25gun

I hunt sometimes on a buddys property that bumps up to sweetwater park off of thorton rd and riverside parkway. We trap and wear out the hogs and its only 10 minutes from my house. They trapped like over 50 last year and shot alot too. There all over the place. A contractor that I know that is working on one of those big jobs on the right at the chattahoochee river bridge on thorton is doing grading work and few times he has seen hogs in the evening coming out to root around in the dirt .