Anyone have a ford 3000, or 3600 tractor

Luke0927

Anyone real familiar with one...Instead of unscrewing the rear end oil check plug there was a bolt under that (behind right foot floorboard)...I unscrewed it and it was holding something up inside the case (not even a bolt a flat head screw).

It's dropped down a little and I'm unable to get it to rethread. Its light I can raise the threads with a piece of wire. But I'm afraid I'll have to go in the case to hold it and have someone thread it in.

I'd like to figure out what its was holding up...and I'm not sure if I can go in from a plate on the other side or the top under the seat.

I can get some pictures or the part screen if anyone thinks they might know.

Thanks

Luke0927

I know we go a lot of tractor folks on here. Got it figured out from help on another board if anyone ever needs to know it's the tube that holds the hydraulic return filter in the case.

NUTT

Glad you figured it out

Did you take a pic of it? I have a Ford 2600 and I would like to see it so I don't do the same thing.Hope you don't have much trouble getting back in.

Luke0927

I'll grab you a pic this evening. You have to take a plate off on the left hand side of the case and you can reach through and hold it in place and have someone thread it in on the other side.

you need an extra hand for that what I'm going to try is, take a little longer bolt and cut it down to a few threads longer and see if I can get it started. It stays in place just the factory bolt is just a tad short I think a longer one will have enough length to hold it in place and start.