Inshore Rod Choice // Whats your go to set up?

trippcasey

Im looking for a new rod to pair with a BG 3000. Id like a 7'6" Med Light or fast action. I have a few rods that I always go to but am looking for something different. What's your go to inshore trout/flounder rig?

Scallen2112

Penn Allegiance II, extra-fast action, medium power. I use the 7'0" because my inshore boat is small, but they have the same rod in a 7'6". Has worked well for jigging and popping corks for trout and redfish, but can handle the bonnetheads that wont leave your shrimp alone this time of year.

Rabun

Im looking for a new rod to pair with a BG 3000. Id like a 7'6" Med Light or fast action. I have a few rods that I always go to but am looking for something different. What's your go to inshore trout/flounder rig?

I'm interested as well. Just purchased a 3000 myself and have not yet had it out. Sure is a smooth reel! I spooled it with 15lb power pro.

Day trip

St. Croix Triumph. I have three because they can turn a 30 inch red and the sensitivity to walk a jig across the bottom and feel the flounder pick it up.

Cumberlandjg

I have Penn Battle II’s on a 7’6 St Croix Mojo Inshore. It will cast super far and super sensitive and super strong. Around $200 all in with the setup.

Darkhorse

My main inshore rod is a Shimano SE Teramar 7'6" M Fast action, paired with a Shimano Stradic 4000, this is the old white model.
I also have a Teramar 7' M Fast action paired with a Quantom 4000, this mostly a guest setup.

1982ace

I’m pretty fond of my 7’ medium TFO rod. Matched up with a revo inshore baitcaster

cnewman

7'6" Hurricane Redbone Med with a Penn Battle II, spooled with 10' braid.

I've also got a few Ugly Stik Inshores for the boys to use. These have Battle's on them as well.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
7’6”Blair Wiggins signature with a Penn Battle II 3000 series. Works great for schooling freshwater fish as well. Did I mentioned tough. This is how I found my new rod delivered. It is still in the box. No damages.

Last edited:

trippcasey

Im done with inshore selects. Like previously stated, the eyes rust in no time. Im pretty anal when it comes to my rinse downs, and my eyes are rusting off too. Same with my buddies that we got around the same time. I might look into Redbones. Ive been buying Calico Jacks for the last couple of years. I love them. Nothing wrong with them at all, just looking to try something new. Any local rod builders? Might just have one made.