Where is the best country/seafood buffet ?

Dr. Strangelove

Thanks, I will check out the Red Minnow and Booty's, do they have BBQ and Stew??

The Redd House is a good buffet. I have eaten there many times. They have fish and veggies but no old time BBQ and stew.

Leatherwood has lots of greasy fish but again no BBQ and stew unless they have added it.

Redd House had BBQ and stew on the buffet last time I was there, though that's been a year or more.

I still shed a tear occasionally for Charlie Williams Pinecrest lodge, it was my favorite restaurant in the world. The longtime head cook from there owns The Camp now, in the Homewood Hills shopping center.

Last edited:

SLY22

Useles Member !
Buckner's some of the best fried chicken, BBQ and country cooking you will ever eat and they keep feeding ya till ya can't hold no more!!:clap:

biggdogg

Buckner's is the best fried chicken, period. You will be disappointed if you're looking for dark meat though. Breasts only. And avoid the place on Sundays after church.

Killdee

Buckner's is the best fried chicken, period. You will be disappointed if you're looking for dark meat though. Breasts only. And avoid the place on Sundays after church.

We ate there on the way back from scouting at Piedmont this year, it was great and yes very crowded after church.

crackerdave

Frank's Restaurant is on Hwy 212 near Lake Jackson right at the Newton County line. They still have a pretty good buffet.

Buckner's over in south Butts County is good. I think it's off I-75 somewhere.

Buckners is real good!

ditchdoc24

Buckners is off I-75 at the highway 36 exit, can't remember the exit number. Good food but no seafood. One of them places that keep bringing bowls of food to your table as long as you keep eating. Got some of the best fried chicken, sat night they have BBQ and stew. Good country cooking.

Thanks for the info. I've been to Buckner's to eat once before and I wasn't the one driving. I was a little comatose and full as a tick when I left there:bounce:.

Davexx1

I love those country cooking buffets. :)

There used to be a country cooking buffet in Dublin, but I don't remember the name of it.

If you get down into Florida there is a real good country home cooking buffet in Madison. O'neals Country Buffet is a great place to eat.

In Central Florida (Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, and Bartow) there is Fred's Southern Kitchen. They are great. Ribs every night after 4 and all day on weekends. We go there often. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Dave

Derek

the Garden Patch in Barnesville is by far the best Fried chicken I've ever had....I've hurt myself many times in there.

Dub

The best around is at Coleman's Lake down near Midville.It is right on the water and is awesome. As far as the Red Minnow and Booty's, i grew up on these and still live close but don't waste your time. Not good food to me anymore. Dye's in Thompson Ga is very good . We eat there about once amonth. I like seafood and will drive 2 hours about twice a year and eat at Coleman's Lake. It is by far the best now.

Coleman's Lake really is great.

3ringer

Fishermans catch on 78 between Stone Mountain an Snellville has AYCE crablegs/shrimp on Thursdays for $25 or $26.00
Can also order AYCE shrimp,fried or boiled for $13.00

X2. Good folks Good Seafood

blues brother

the Garden Patch in Barnesville is by far the best Fried chicken I've ever had....I've hurt myself many times in there.

Bet we have seen each other hurt ourselves at the PATCH!
I like it better than Buckners.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
B & J's Seafood and here is their Facebook Page

If you ever get down here along the coast, check this place out, located in the small town of Darien, GA. This place stays packed! Check out their online menu at their website for more info.

378024_289251397785184_235138188_n.jpg

1204905380_9942.jpg

I've been by that place many times and have yet to stop and eat there. Every time I go by it is jammed packed, and too crowded for me to want to stop. I have heard nothing but great things about this place, and plan on checking it out sometime. Just don't like crowded places!

Oh man, I could eat a huge platter of them fried scrimp, right now! :bounce:

K80Shooter

Red Minnow in Elberton. Same original owners from the original Red Minnow that was in Carnesville that burned.

Red Minnow is pretty good, lots of fried food.

Swamp Guinea in Hartwell

I live close to this one and don't waste my time going there...... nuff said.

The Redd House between Jefferson and Nicholson. They have seafood on Saturday nights if I remember right. It's buffet also.

Never tried this one but need to.

Is Leatherwood in Toccoa still open??

:huh:

How about Booty's Fish House in Royston???

Booty's is pretty good, worth the trip.

I also miss Charlie Williams, none of the above places has the variety they had. Wish it were still open. :cry:

I only ate at Runway Fish House in Baldwin once........ It was the last weekend they were open.

CHANDLECTRIC

If your wanting BBQ don't get it at a fish house ! Here is my favorites in NE GA. Bar H in Royston
Zeb Deans in Danielsville
Vanna's near Royston
Holcomb's in Greensboro

whchunter

Coleman's

The best around is at Coleman's Lake down near Midville.It is right on the water and is awesome. As far as the Red Minnow and Booty's, i grew up on these and still live close but don't waste your time. Not good food to me anymore. Dye's in Thompson Ga is very good . We eat there about once amonth. I like seafood and will drive 2 hours about twice a year and eat at Coleman's Lake. It is by far the best now.

Coleman's Lake no longer has the buffet. They also don't have "customer appreciation day". They had to eliminate it due to a bad crowd taking advantage. I don't imagine they will do a buffet again.

whchunter

Dublin

I love those country cooking buffets. :)

There used to be a country cooking buffet in Dublin, but I don't remember the name of it.

If you get down into Florida there is a real good country home cooking buffet in Madison. O'neals Country Buffet is a great place to eat.

In Central Florida (Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, and Bartow) there is Fred's Southern Kitchen. They are great. Ribs every night after 4 and all day on weekends. We go there often. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Dave

The one in Dublin is "Ole Time Country Buffet". Ole Time has one in Warner Robbins and Macon as well. I believe they have others as well.

whchunter

Others

Ever tried the BBQ buffet at the old Macon Mall?

2 good sea food buffets in Savannah (or used to be) Buckaneers and Shellhouse

Lyons has a few. One is Chatters and it's good.

Not as many buffets as they were years ago. It seems if you have a buffet people will take advantage and try to beat you out of a $. Used to like Ryans but some of those have closed.

carter

Pelicans Point just outside of Darien ,will make you hurt yourself all you can eat crab legs ,prime rib , any kind of seafood you want 28 bucks !!!!! The view is nice to sitting in the river !