Where is the best country/seafood buffet ?

Don't waste your time with Franks on 212 in Jasper County. The food has gone down hill. Last three times I have been there the food was over cooked! How you screw up Fried chicken is past me!

Swamperdog

If it's any consolation to folks, the owners of Charlie Williams Pinecrest Lodge retired to Saint Simon's Island and opened an upscale seafood restaurant called, "Crabdaddy's." It's some of the best seafood on the island.

I've eaten at Crabdaddys many a time and I'll still miss Charlie Williams Pinecrest Lodge! (the original sitdown restaurant and not the fast food version they opened in the late '80s early '90s.

- Swamperdog

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Off topic slightly from my original post but thought I would offer this for crab leg lovers.

Katie's Diner at the truck stop on US 78 in Monroe has seafood on Saturdays. I don't know what the full menu offers due to me only being interested in crab legs. I do know there are catfish offered too.

3 ways you can get the steamed crab legs.

1 lb. crab only for $10

1lb crab leg with hush puppies, potato, and slaw $13

All you can eat crab legs for $28

I learned last Saturday night that my 7 year old grand-daughter can now eat a full pound by herself , but Papa still has to help her crack them.

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
I really enjoyed the Dillard house in Dillard GA. 6 weeks out if the year they have a seafood buffet on Friday nights. I tried to put them out of business but I failed. I was full for 2 days though.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
OK, lets revisit this subject and see if something new has opened up since the thread got started.

Post up any good place to eat. Especially anyone that serves up good fried seafood and BBQ. Anyone who ever ate at Charlie Williams in Athens, or Runway in Baldwin knows what kind of place I am looking for.

I STILL have not made it over to Flash's place (Bootys Fish House) in Royston Ga. so it may be the place. Im just gonna have to make a special trip to do it Flash.

Last edited:

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Let me know when you do

K80Shooter

I've been to Flash's place a good bit over the years and do not see that changing anytime soon.

On another note I sure did like Charlie Williams..... Sadly all good things end sooner or later.

MudDucker

Staff member
Im dead serious about this, so it goes in the OT forum.

For a big portion of my life Charlie Williams Pinecrest Lodge in Athens, Ga. was the all around best place to get a buffet meal of old time BBQ and stew, fried fish and seafood, vegetables, desserts, etc. Then they closed.

You made my mouth water thinking of the old Lodge. Mrs. Williams called me by name back when I was in college at UGA. Ate there at least once a week.

I ate at the Dillard House a couple of weeks ago and for old style country cooking, it was pretty good.

The seafood buffet at Seminole Wind in Thomasville was good the last time I ate there.

Horns

Charlie Williams was some good eating. We used to go there at least 3 times a year. Sure do miss it.

Jim Baker

Staff member
If you are ever coming through South Georgia stop at the Royal Cafe in Quitman for breakfast or lunch. For breakfast order the "sick dog". You will like it. Lunch buffet is good food. They have been in buisiness since 1913.

On your way back through stop at Sister's for lunch buffet.
Southern Soul food at its best.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Fishermans Catch on Hwy.78 between St. Mt and Snellvilee has AYCE crablegs on Thursday.You can also get AYCE shrimp also.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Back when Seminole Wind on HWY 39 down by Lake Seminole was open, they had a FINE seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. Shame they got shut down.

It`s not a buffet, but Nothin` Fancy just east of Morgan has good fish. Blackbeard`s in Albany is always good. The Farmhouse in Dawson has some really good and really fresh mullet on Fridays. You can get em fried or grilled.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Fishermans Catch on Hwy.78 between St. Mt and Snellvilee has AYCE crablegs on Thursday.You can also get AYCE shrimp also.

Very interested............ Have you eaten there?

Tell it all brother !!!! ;)

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Very interested............ Have you eaten there?

Tell it all brother !!!! ;)
Once a month .
They have been there for 20 + years.Little hole in the wall place across from HD west of Killian Hill road.
I think the AYCE shrimp is 15-16 and the crablegs are 29.But then again did I eat lunch today.
Only open Thurs-Sat 5-10 pm?????

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Almost 4 years since I started this quest I have found a place with food very similar to that of the late great Charlie Williams.

It is owned and operated by one of our own members here Flash. It is Bootys Fish House in Royston Ga. We ate there this evening and it was GREAT. All sort of good fried fish, veggies, country ham, stew, and special treats from the chef (Flash)made it a meal to remember. And the really great part is two people get all they can eat for less than $29. It is great food and great prices.

It took a long time for the stars to align and for us to be over that way at supper time on Friday or Saturday but it was good to learn what a good meal can be had there.

It was great to meet you and the Mrs. today Terry. We will be back !!!!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I have eaten with Terry over at Booty's. It was more good food than a man can handle. I need to get back over there one evening before long.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Thanks for the kind words.
Great to meet you and Mrs Milkman tonight.

cowhornedspike

Almost 4 years since I started this quest I have found a place with food very similar to that of the late great Charlie Williams.

It is owned and operated by one of our own members here Flash. It is Bootys Fish House in Royston Ga. We ate there this evening and it was GREAT. All sort of good fried fish, veggies, country ham, stew, and special treats from the chef (Flash)made it a meal to remember. And the really great part is two people get all they can eat for less than $29. It is great food and great prices.

It took a long time for the stars to align and for us to be over that way at supper time on Friday or Saturday but it was good to learn what a good meal can be had there.

It was great to meet you and the Mrs. today Terry. We will be back !!!!

BBQ too? You didn't mention it but that was in your original requirement.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
BBQ too? You didn't mention it but that was in your original requirement.

No BBQ on the serving line but lots of choices otherwise. A few items were sent out by the chef and our server too. At the low price they charge there is money left to grab a pound of Q afterward.

GoldDot40

Still haven't made it up to Booty's myself. Shame too...it ain't that far of a drive.

Back to something touched on early on in this thread, I ate the Redd House a few weekends ago. The BBQ and ribs they have on the buffet are just awesome. There's another dish they have up there that's like something cooked in a slow cooker. Got beef, chicken and some veggies mixed up in it. I'm sure it's got a name...but it's good.

Probably the only disappointment with the Redd House is their dessert. For example, their banana puddin used to be made from scratch. Now...its obvious that it's a box mix. It's nowhere near what I like for banana puddin....and I LOVE home made banana puddin.

Had the Red Minnow recently too. Was NOT impressed in any fashion. Likely won't be back to that one.