I've had the itch

The mtn man

Wasper larva comes off the hook easier when you see the ranger coming and jerk like you just missed a fish. :bounce:

I was always a stick bait man myself, I guess buckman and me learned that trick on the same watershed.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There are few things deadlier than stickbait. Just don't hook it through the head on fly-only waters. :bounce:

Killer Kyle

I know a man that spin fishes flies he buys at Walmart, 2 BB split shot, and tips them with Chartreuse Crappie Nibs. February before last, he caught two 5-6 lb rainbows on a public river in Georgia in a single week. I was made a believer.

John Gierach once wrote that fishing is a thing that should be approached in "high sport, or deep funk". To me, that man is the embodyment of deep funk. I like dudes that can get it done like that. He gets the same kick out of that as I would get from an 11" speck. No judgement passed here!!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I know a man that spin fishes flies he buys at Walmart, 2 BB split shot, and tips them with Chartreuse Crappie Nibs. February before last, he caught two 5-6 lb rainbows on a public river in Georgia in a single week. I was made a believer.

John Gierach once wrote that fishing is a thing that should be approached in "high sport, or deep funk". To me, that man is the embodyment of deep funk. I like dudes that can get it done like that. He gets the same kick out of that as I would get from an 11" speck. No judgement passed here!!

I will do both and enjoy both. I wear their tails out with a spinning reel and I use the squishy things and nymphs without hesitation.

Buckman18

Bunch of dern outlaws.

Speaking of outlaws...

Random thought... We were talking a while back about a hunting trip. Could do the same thing with fishing one weekend. Have camp set up on a stocker creek (wife and kids), with appreciable access to better creeks, and have a fish fry and a smile. Food for thought?