Fishing Buddy

RHFisherman

I'm that guy with no boat looking to go fishing on a boat.
I am however willing to split gas and bait with anyone needing a buddy. I'm hoping to buy my first saltwater boat within the year and I'd like to spend as much time learning about operating one with some of you more experience operators.

A little about me, recently moved back to Richmond Hill after 15 years on active duty. Spent most of my time as a Green Beret with 5th Group before leaving active and joining the GA National Guard to spend some much needed time at home with the family. Been a lifelong fisherman albeit mainly freshwater fishing.

If anyone has any advice or would like a fishing buddy I'm here in Richmond Hill.

Thanks,
Tom

Scallen2112

Tom, what are you doing Saturday? And would you want to make a trip down to Brunswick? Inland waters are supposed to be smooth, and the water temp is back up in the mid 60s. Caught a few today on shrimp under the popping cork, so I'm headed back out Saturday. The wife ended up having to work, so I was going alone, but if you want to run down to St Simons, you can go along with me.

Scallen2112

That worked out well

Well, Tom came on down early that Saturday and we launched into a horrible fog. We had to ease out way down to the first spot, and I think we ended up on the wrong side of the river once or twice on the way. Not only was the visibility all of 100' max, but the gnats absolutely ate us up.

First spot was a main sound point, but the temp was only about 60-61, and the trout were not on the spot. An hour or so of that and visibility had reached about 200', so we puttered up into a creek in the hopes of finding some warmer water. Temps in the creek were 63-64, but nothing biting there either. Finally, about 10:30-11:00, the mist started dissipating and the gnats ran away from the sun (yay!). We headed down to the ICW and found a bank covered with oyster rake and temps starting to reach 65 degrees. That when the action started. Limited out on redfish (though only kept a couple for dinner) and managed to put 7 or so trout in the cooler.

If you live near Tom and need a fishing buddy, I can attest that he's a good dude to spend a day on the water with. Tom, you're welcome to come fish with me any time you want.

RHFisherman

Had a blast

I had a blast and the family loved fresh fish for dinner. Can't thank you enough Clark. Let me know if you need a partner again, I will definitely attempt to get clearance from the bosslady.

To Timothyroland-thanks for the invite. Sorry to hear you are going to be busy the next couple weekends. Let me know if you are ever free. It's usually easier for me to get away during the weekdays since my weekends are usually filled with youth sports.

RHFisherman

Every week that goes by I get closer and closer to selling the wife on me buying a boat haha. I'm looking at a Scout 195 Sportfish. Any thoughts on this? I need it to be mainly geared towards fishing but be able to take the family of 6 out when necessary.