Atlanta NACAR race

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I use to watch Bill Elliott race lanier when it was a dirt track. Now i am pulling for his boy. I thought it was cool that Chase wanted the 9 car to honor his DAD. Bill Elliott is the reason they have restrictor plates. Look up Daytona speeds.

He had a lot to do with it, but restrictor plates were first used to penalize the Chrysler Hemi. Had too slow them down so the others could keep up.

jbarron

BANNED
"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." - Earnest Hemingway

rospaw

Not a big Nascar guy but Who is this fellow from Cartersville Ga that is racing in his 60's? Is he any good?

HunterJoe24

Rusty Wallace got an unrestricted car up close to 230 mph in a test before he retired. Edit: I googled it. He hit 228 trap speed. Average speed was 216. That's gettin it

A couple years ago in a test. Jr hit 217 and somewhere around a 205 lap speed at Michigan. Now that's moving. If they finally repave Atlanta, the speeds with these new cars will be ridiculous.

Patriot44

Banned
I checked out a few years ago and haven't lost a seconds notice. Couldn't care less if NASCAR went bankrupt and the sport went away forever.

Twiggbuster

Always thought Atlanta could be the best race of the year.
Best test of driver and car. Repave it to take tires out of equation and move it to April or May and it will be.

specialk

Always thought Atlanta could be the best race of the year.
Best test of driver and car. Repave it to take tires out of equation and move it to April or May and it will be.

never say never, but atl. will never get another date change......we got darlingtons labor day race a few years back....was great....trucks fri. nite, xfin sat, cup sunday...off on Monday...great weekend for racing....weather was great(except for maybe rain).....I doubt we'll ever see a second race there either....

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Atlanta was my favorite. Saw my first Atlanta race in 1963, Fastback Freddie won it.