steinhatchee question

mlbowfin

I'm heading down on a friday and have a guide scheduled for saturday, my question is, is there anywhere around there to fish from the bank during the time we are not out with the guide? I'm not pulling my boat so a bridge or pier or a dry bank that is accessible by foot would be ideal. thanks for any feedback
mark

doomtrpr_z71

Not that I know of, I have stayed at seahag and fished off their docks at night when they were closed. The pier at Keaton is still tore up from the hurricane as far as I know. Hagan's cove might be a possibility.

skeeter7745

there is a small city dock up river by the bridge across from the little playground. what captain will you be fishing with Saturday?

mlbowfin

We are using Capt. Mark Brady. we booked him for April 7th and have the Hogfish shack at the Sea-hag reserved for the 6th and 7th. swing by and have a cold beer if you're in the area..

Rabun

I hope you have Great luck and your weather cooperates! I'm heading to st george friday for the week. Was going to bring my boat, but I'm afraid it will just end up sitting on the trailer...opting for kayaks instead. Let us know how you make out. Stay safe with these March weather fronts!

bhdawgs

Your best bet is to rent a boat from sea hag when you're not with the guide. No where to fish from shore in that area except the river unless you go up towards Keaton Beach.

mlbowfin

Your best bet is to rent a boat from sea hag when you're not with the guide. No where to fish from shore in that area except the river unless you go up towards Keaton Beach.

I would pull my boat before I would rent one. I'll have a few hours to kill friday evening and saturday evening but not enough time to make towing my boat worth while. I've never fished there so we are getting the guide to learn the area. The next time I go the boat will be hitched..

mlbowfin

I hope you have Great luck and your weather cooperates! I'm heading to st george friday for the week. Was going to bring my boat, but I'm afraid it will just end up sitting on the trailer...opting for kayaks instead. Let us know how you make out. Stay safe with these March weather fronts!

Good luck to you.. Last year we caught sheepshead in the cut, we fished the Little St. George side anchored next to the rocks. if you try this make sure you have a push pole to keep boat from banging the rocks.. Slack tide was the key..

king george

My father ,Father-in-law, Son , and Myself will be down April 7th as well. This will be my first trip to the hatch, super stoked!!!!:cool:

doomtrpr_z71

Just realized I'll be there the 6-7th as well. Hopefully everyone has a better fishing experience than my first in steinhatchee.

bhdawgs

I would pull my boat before I would rent one. I'll have a few hours to kill friday evening and saturday evening but not enough time to make towing my boat worth while. I've never fished there so we are getting the guide to learn the area. The next time I go the boat will be hitched..

10-4 - if you want to save some $$ on the guide, PM me i have fished down there for 15 years.

doomtrpr_z71

No voodoo lol, bad captain. We went for a bachelor trip and let the bachelor captain the boat. Seahag rental boats will only go so fast and he was more worried about speed than catching fish.