Cost to tile shower?

bnew17

Right now i have a shower insert. My wife is wanting it gone and tiled. The area is roughly 3 1/2ft x 3 1/2 ft. Not looking to out a glass door in now. I know they are pricey. Just looking for a ballpark price of what to expect for the job with a standard priced tile...

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
for someone to do it and materials?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
well, you gotta tear all that out, put in a front step wall,fasten in a rubber tub, put in a floor drain, pour the floor and tile it... Tile the walls, and then grout it all in.... Probably the better of 3 days labor.

With materials,,,, I would say in the 1800 - 2000 range

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
PS>>> I am not a tile guy, but I have had a good bit done in the past couple years.

1gr8bldr

Save yourself the grief and do it out of marble slab. So much easier to clean.

naildrvr

I don't know where you're located, but if you're close to Jonesboro check with Synmar. They do cultured marble and have a showroom. It is much easier to clean and maintain than tile. Google Synmar cultured marble.

1gr8bldr

How do the prices compare? Tile to marble?
Likely about the same. But not sure. I will try to locate some old quotes. They will build a custom base and then the walls. Bases are a little cheaper online if your size is standard. Price multiplies expondentially for large walls like 72 inches

1gr8bldr

How do the prices compare? Tile to marble?
Marty this is the price for those bases.
> 48 x 48 base: $425.00 Walls: $895.00
> 54 x 42 base: $395.00 Walls: $865.00 Thank You,Virgil EfirdTarheel Marble

Here is a quote from last year. Yours would be less. All colors are the same price. This was me picking it up and installing. Easy install, you set the base, glue the walls and caulk. I believe it was $200 for them to install???
My guess of a 3.5 x 3.5 is $300 base and $600 walls, $200 install = $1100

1gr8bldr

A lot of the marble pics online are like tile in pieces. You will want the 1 piece slabs. 3 wall sides and 1 base. Tile is a bich to clean, it's not waterproof and depends on a liner beneath to be water proof. It will crack. The grout will stain. It's pores hold moisture inviting mildew. One of these days, I will tear out my tile and go marble.