Clover, Sweet Jebus Clover!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, so year before last I planted this plot in a 5 way mix. The soil type in this plot makes concrete that has set up for 5 years look plain runny. In fact, I broke my subsoiler turning up basketball sized chunks of clay and then broke 2 Grade 8 bolts on my discs cutting them down.

The plot did OK but when it was all said and done the clover that was in the mix just wouldn't quit all through last Summer. That was fine by me because I didn't want a rematch so last Fall I just overseeded with Duranna and said let's see what happens.

The good news is I'm back in the clover business. The great news is I'm back in the clover business. The critters all have plenty to eat from natural sources as well as my other food plots but they have made this clover plot their go to spot. The camera I have on it is loaded with hundreds of pics of everything under the sun.

I poured the 0-20-20 to it this Saturday and I have to get some Poast and 2-4-D-b on it for the grass and broadleaf weeds but my oh my have I got some clover!

Attachments

• 2018 Clover 1 mod.jpg
    2018 Clover 1 mod.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 566
  • 2018 Clover 2 mod.jpg
    2018 Clover 2 mod.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 565

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
You gots some beautiful clover, Elfiii!!!

Big7

The Oracle
Looks like a lot of munchins..

Doolydawg03

Wow that looks awesome elfi you just made me want to get my butt to the club to see mine im sure its going off right now. I can only imagine how happy the critters are thanks for posting. Is it sept yet!!!!!!!!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

gadeerwoman

There is another clover out now that's well worth a try: renovation. I've seen durana plots in Oglethorpe County planted on red clay that were limed and sprayed that amazed me.

Jim Boyd

Looking awesome!!!!!