stripers

holton27596

when do stripers come up inyo white oak creek? never done it, any recommendations as to bait, tide conditions, etc?? Thanks

Scallen2112

Are you talking about White Oak Creek on lake Eufaula? If so, you have landed in the wrong section. This is "Coastal Fishing", on the wrong side of the state.

Edited.

holton27596

the striper are supposed to come up the creek in may or april, but that is all I know. Only a few minutes from the house so it would be nice to go after them

GSUbackwoods

I've caught them in the Ogeechee trolling a 4" shad color soft swim bait and pitching a 3" Christmas tree curly tail on a pink jig head. Biggest thing is finding the school, I've watched a guy trolling the same 200 yard stretch of river and catching fish every pass.

TenPtr

Are you talking about White Oak Creek on lake Eufaula? If so, you have landed in the wrong section. This is "Coastal Fishing", on the wrong side of the state.

Edited.

There is actually a run of stripers that move into salt/brackish creeks and rivers along the GA Coast. White Oak Creek is one of the more well known locations to find stripers. We have gotten into them before while fishing deep for sluggish winter trout and got spooled multiple times by big stripers. Also caught them randomly in other areas during the winter while trout fishing. Not too many folks target the winter run stripers along our coast but its not because a lack of fish.

Scallen2112

There is actually a run of stripers that move into salt/brackish creeks and rivers along the GA Coast. White Oak Creek is one of the more well known locations to find stripers. We have gotten into them before while fishing deep for sluggish winter trout and got spooled multiple times by big stripers. Also caught them randomly in other areas during the winter while trout fishing. Not too many folks target the winter run stripers along our coast but its not because a lack of fish.

Very interesting. I was under the impression that the range for the ocean-going stripers ended up in North Carolina or the northern part of South Carolina. But then, I should not be that surprised, being one of the apparently few people who targeted walleye in the lakes in North Georgia when I lived in Atlanta. Not a lot of people even knew what they were and of those that did, few knew there was a thriving population in our lakes in the north part of the state.