Basement cost

Mike 65

What’s the cost per sq ft for basement for new home?
Excavation, walls, slab and all waterproofing and drains.
I need it to be ready to frame on.
Thanks

1gr8bldr

Hard to say? According to grade, size, etc. I have framed basements that were mostly stick built on the rear walkout area and stepping down on the sides. And then .... I have framed them that were full height 12 in block on 3 sides and stepped down in the rear wall. I have seen people try to put a basement where it does not belong. You have to have a walkout side, this determines your height. If you don't have at least 8 feet to the front door height in elevation then you have a set of steps that are ugly big and expensive. Check your grade

Mike 65

The grade drops about 7’, so where good.
Roughly a 32’x60’ will be 3 walls poured,framed back wall, 9’ high.
Just looking for ball park.
Thanks

Last edited:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I'm not in the field but I've often heard "30 grand" referenced as a ballpark figure.

That's a good ballpark. That is the # I use. 30k more than a crawl. I build 1,500-2,500 sq ft generally.

I just had walls poured on a basement this past Friday.

Here are some #'s from a basement I closed last month. Keep in mind that a lot of these items you need on a mono slab or a crawl too.
This house was basically the same size as your 32'x60'.

Dig basement: $800
Waterproofing: $1,107
Poured walls: $24,837
Slab concrete: $5,959.
Slab labor(basement, garage, porch): $2,908.
Basement insulation: $857
Load crusher run: $375
Stub bath: $350
Floor trusses: $3,653.
Electrical(a few receptacles and a few keyless fixtures: $400

There was also framing material for the basement walls which I didn't break out, framing labor which I didn't break out, two windows, a double door, and brick on the day light side. We also had two retaining walls(wing walls off the corners) that were included in the wall cost.
There were 30 loads of fill hauled in for $4,375 because the lot didn't balance. I did most of the backfilling myself except what was done on final grade.

Basements also require handrails on porches if over 30" above grade. Iron handrails were $785 on this house.
We also put a large deck and screened porch on the back.

That should get you close.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Forgot about the pump truck. If your walls need pumping add another $1,000 to the job.

tree cutter 08

I guess walls are a little cheaper here, I paid concrete wall man right at 8k for 110 ft of 9ft wall. That included about another 40 something ft of footing on daylight side. This was about 2 yr ago and I know concrete has gone up since then but not that much. Other price i got was only about 2500 higher.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Concrete Around 130 Yd Now

I'm at 126/yard. Add sales tax, fuel surcharge and environmental fee and it's $137.40.

They have gone up $10 per yard on April 1 for 4 years and $6 per yard on April 1st this year. :crazy: