Best bang for the buck trail cams

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Camera

Bushnell trophy cam have several haven't let me down yet 1,000's of pics

riskyb

I got several of the wild game cams I wait til they go on sale every year dicks has them marked down to 40-50-60 each no problems so far good battery life good pics

Triton Mike

I bought a 8mp tasco from Walmart and I like it ALOT. especially for 40 bucks. I figure if it breaks see if walmart will replace it?

JoPa

I have 4 of the WalMart $25 Tasco cameras and as said before, pics are OK, but they do work and get the job done.

XJfire75

The Moultrie A-20 on eBay for $51 or the Brownings that can be found for $65-75.

Best Cell cam for the buck is the SPYPOINT Link Evo.

Defcon15

Browning Strike Force is the way to go. As cameras die, I've been replacing them with Strike Forces. Haven't had a single one of them go bad yet and its been 3-4 years since I started the transition to them. High quality camera for $120.

shdw633

Got two of those running right now and am loving them!! You can get them on ebay for about $170 right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/spypoint-l...612507&hash=item2aa79f035b:g:n2oAAOSwIo5ay76M

Never mind about that camera for $170....I just bought the last one at that price....Sorry!! However, Ebay is having a sale that you can get 15% off of anything you buy today up to $1500. So you can buy several cameras and get another 15% off your total basket up to $1500. I got that last camera that was $170 for $145!! That's why I bought it. Also got an X-stand climber for $108. The sale ends at 7 pm tonight

N

NantucketShedHunter

Can't go wrong with a Browning Strike Force although their day pictures are washed out in my humble opinion. Night pictures are excellent especially on the Extreme model.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Browning Strike Force is the way to go. As cameras die, I've been replacing them with Strike Forces. Haven't had a single one of them go bad yet and its been 3-4 years since I started the transition to them. High quality camera for $120.

This. ^ I have 3 that have been out 24/7/365 for 3 years now and every one of them is still working like a charm.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I am another Browning guy... I have ten of the Spec Ops - no problems in 3+ years - all still running video and audio. I have two Strike Force and they are great too. My strike force don't have audio... both work with IPhone card readers.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I look for cams under $100 because,
they get stolen too often.
I lost two this season. I'm not paying $500 for a cam no matter how good when they're prone to vanishing.
That being said, I have Tasco, Wild Game, and Primos that are inexpensive and work OK.

my Trophy Cams have GPS...I can find them wherever they go.

I use the Wireless Trophy Cams for Home Security only. Near instant alerts...put em high (with ladder)...because you don't need to change batteries or cards very often.

N

NantucketShedHunter

Harry, what type of GPS do you have in your Trophy Cams?

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Harry, what type of GPS do you have in your Trophy Cams?

I don't know what kind...sorry. They are internal (in the camera) and the pictures are sent to me by text messages via cellular card. When my phone "dings" (a special sounding ding), my dogs know that either a deer (or other critter) / a car is coming down the driveway. Either way they move down range. I pay about $20 dollars a week for two cameras.

When i go into the Trophy Cam APP that is on my phone i can see where my cameras are...i think it is Google Maps or something like that, and i can zoom into the map and see every camera location... I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of climbing the tree to steal my cameras, but if they did, i could track the cameras, as long as they are still on or get turned back on...last known location is recorded.

Last edited: