Who all here is running a cellular trail cam?

gahunter70

I'm running 8 Spartan GoCams. The new models will send video. I have 3 of those. Two in att and one is the 4g verizon. The rest are all verizon. The new models have all new internals, .6sec trigger speed, killer blackflash range, improved camera and the reception has been better on both models for me compared to the older. I cant seem to load pictures or videos from my phone. But here is a link to a video from my 4g Spartan GoCam https://youtu.be/hehpGURv80E

cephus91

I used to be a Covert fanboy but not any more. I have been through probably 8 cameras now....paid for 3. They are very intermittent. The very first one I ever had was the best.....over the last couple of years, they have caused more problems for me than they have worked. The company is great about sending a new unit to you if yours conchs out, but it doesn't take long before I have issues again.

My next purchase will be Spartan

Have tried Spypoints before.....I think they are junk. I actually think all trail cameras are junk, its just a question of which one will give you the most/best service.

I had/am having the exact same experience with Covert. Just sent in my oldest one (2014 I think, had its own phone line associated with it), which worked the best. I was told it could not be repaired. Offered to upgrade to a 2018 for $200, which I guess I will do. 2016 unit (which they sent me after a prior one quit working) works fairly well. 2017 (same drill) won't keep batteries for longer than a month.

ddavis1120

My reconyx cell cam has way more options than that. It ll take in bursts of 10. Night pics are great. Also, the camera sends every picture it takes. Some only send the first picture of the series Everytime it triggers.

From the reconyx website

I just looked at the Reconyx and the new ones do have more options than my two year old PC900C.

XJfire75

Getting the Spypoint Link Evo for Xmas. Hoping it works out well. Going to lock it on a tree over a trough feeder with protein and run it through the summer then switch it to more pics and hang it over a scrape or somewhere active come hunting season. Can’t wait to hear my phone ding with pics of real time deer activity.

dblnranch

No more Coverts for me.

IMO stay away from the Coverts. I have 4 and a recent issue with one where it just flat out stopped working (new batteries, swapping out SD cards) and was just out of warranty. Contacted Covert and was told to ship it back to their repair facility in TN. Got it back couple weeks later with an invoice indicating it was tested and took something like 1400 pics in a few days... set it up still doesn't work. Big waste of time.
Taking my business elsewhere.

sghoghunter

IMO stay away from the Coverts. I have 4 and a recent issue with one where it just flat out stopped working (new batteries, swapping out SD cards) and was just out of warranty. Contacted Covert and was told to ship it back to their repair facility in TN. Got it back couple weeks later with an invoice indicating it was tested and took something like 1400 pics in a few days... set it up still doesn't work. Big waste of time.
Taking my business elsewhere.

I just got a covert Blackhawk a couple weeks ago and still haven't figured it out yet. I have noticed that it will send an email of a pic but not by text or on covert site then. Ext time it will do just the opposite

shdw633

Cabelas is offering a deal on the Bushnell Wireless camera if anyone is interested. They are selling the camera for $299.99 and Bushnell is giving a 25% rebate off the purchase price through December 31st. That would get you the camera for about $225 and I believe they have free shipping going on as well. Thought I would pass that along.

Confederate_Jay

I have 3 Spartan ATT cams.$25 for 3 months of data on each. ATT coverage around my club in Laurens Co has diminished since Irma came through.

BUCKFAT

Alright well I have been running 2 spypoint Link-s-v for a little over a week. Reason I decided on this Cellular TC I live 512 miles from my lease. The attached solar sold me.

Pros
Camera is small even with solar on top
Trigger speed is lighting fast
App is very easy to use
Setup was very ease
Detection distance is very good
Battery life is awesome
Uses LTE Verizon service
Get pics within 1 minute of picture taken

Cons
Pics sent to the app or even myspypoint web site are very compressed. You know it's a deer or even a doe or buck but detail on racks sucks.
If you want to put a python cable on TC you have to put cable threw latch that locks the door so if you want to open the door you have to take cable off TC Everytime.

If they could have high resolution pics sent to the app this would be hands down THE BEST CELLULAR CAMERA on the market today. I am very happy with everything about the TC except for the compressed pics.

Plans go as
1st month unlimited free

100 pics free every month

250 pics $5 month

Unlimited $15 month

3 month hunters package unlimited $75

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

kbuck1

I have a spypoint 4g Verizon camera also. Got it for Christmas. I have to say I like it a lot. Definitely better than the bushnell. Mine was 240 dollars. I have a reconyx cell cam and a bushnell. The only thing ive noticed i dont like on the spypoint is mine will only take up to 2 photos per trigger. But you get them so fast and the camera is able to resume taking photos,it isnt a huge problem.

BUCKFAT

Update. My review is still the same. But I have to add about battery life. The internal battery is at 90% on both cameras and the backup AA batteries are at 100%. They have been running since January. I first had both cameras to send pics instantly. That was draining the batteries down fast, got down in the 60% range. I have both of them over feeders. I adjusted the settings with the app to send my pics at 8am and 8pm everyday. I spoke with spypoint and they mentioned in their next update they were bringing back where you can request a HD pic of individual pictures that you want to see clearer. No word when?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

ProAngler

I have a SPYPOINT and it does a good job taking pictures when game is there, but I’m lucky to get 2 weeks out of the batteries. That is with the twice a day sending picks option. The photo quality is the worst of any game cam I have ever used. You get what’s yli pay for with these.

spypointtech

I have a SPYPOINT and it does a good job taking pictures when game is there, but I’m lucky to get 2 weeks out of the batteries. That is with the twice a day sending picks option.

Hi ProAngler, battery life will depend mainly on how often the camera sync with the app per day, the cell signal strength and how many photos need to be transferred. The average longevity for AAs battery based on 2 syncs & 100 photos per day is around 2-3 months depending on the signal strength. What I could suggest you is to try with a different formated SD card. Use an SD card up to 32GB of class 10/U1 and don't use a microSD card with an adaptor. We suggest brands like Sandisk, Kingston & Lexar as they are the easiest to find.

The photo quality is the worst of any game cam I have ever used.

The camera will only send resized photos to the app in order to extend its battery life, since it will take less time to transmit a small photo vs the full-resolution one. The full resolutions photos will be saved on your SD card for future viewing.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I have 3 Spartan ATT cams.$25 for 3 months of data on each. ATT coverage around my club in Laurens Co has diminished since Irma came through.

Are all the pics stored on the camera even if there is no coverage to send them?

Latest posts