Fried Squash

Knotmuch

Didn't leave the ball park last night till 7:10, and on the way home passed a fellow selling fruit and vegetables under a tent beside the road. Turned around to see if he had any fresh squash, and he sure did.

I went home and got busy slicing and seasoning while the grease was getting hot in the fryer. Me and my son sat down and ate nothing but fried squash.

Sorry no pics.

PappyHoel

Sounds good

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
One doesn't need much else. I like 1/2 squash, 1/2 sweet onion, salt, pepper, and bacon grease in an iron skillet. That is mighty good stuff.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Need details.
Yellow crook neck or Zucchini?

Dub

One doesn't need much else. I like 1/2 squash, 1/2 sweet onion, salt, pepper, and bacon grease in an iron skillet. That is mighty good stuff.

Great ratio right there !!!

Big fan of that mixture. :banana:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Love me some fried squash!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fried squash are hard to beat, especially that first mess of fresh ones in the spring.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

That`s how we cook em too, but we add 5 or 6 cut up jalapeno peppers to the mix. A pan of biscuits and that`s a meal.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

ryork

I like'em fried and sweated down with onions etc, I like to throw in some peppers, garlic and some type of herb too. Have been getting the rest of my garden in all afternoon and will finish it up tomorrow. Was 37 here this morning, hope we're done with that until end of October or so.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like'em fried and sweated down with onions etc, I like to throw in some peppers, garlic and some type of herb too. Have been getting the rest of my garden in all afternoon and will finish it up tomorrow. Was 37 here this morning, hope we're done with that until end of October or so.....

28 here this morning. My strawberries and apples are in full bloom. :(

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
That`s how we cook em too, but we add 5 or 6 cut up jalapeno peppers to the mix. A pan of biscuits and that`s a meal.

Sounds great. I don't deal with capsicum well. I like the flavor of peppers, but any heat at all is too much for me.