If Gamecocks beat Jawja...

gin house

Spurrier only has 1 title at Fla. I think saban could replace Richt and win. Or maybe even Meyer.

South Carolina is turning the corner, but like it's been said before, they're still Carolina. You like stats, Gin, look at the records over the last 10 yrs, where has SC been. yea I know they are split or whatever but last yr was the 1st trip to the sec championship game and they lost. UGA has 2 in the last 10 yrs. and you can say what you want, but if UGa, UF and Ut weren't down last yr, the chicks would have been right next to Kensucky. If not, then in the next 3 yr, USCe should win an sec title. Can they? NO

Isnt this thread about UGA and Richt? You gonna have to argue your opinion with somebody else, i dont buy it. Spurrier only won one title at Florida????? What kind of title are you talking about? One national title? Or the six SEC CHAMP titles??? IF.....thats a big word, IF we hadnt lost to auburn in the sec title game we would have an SEC title.....see how IF works?:bounce: You cant see the forest for the trees. Finally there is a championship caliber coach at USC and we have for the last few years been getting championship caliber talent, that really has been spotty at usc but its every position now. You know whats funny? Listening to people talk crap about what youve done the last ten or forty years.....look at the baseball team, never a NC then back to back....Its all about coaching and talent, baseball or football. When was the last time that USC recruits had offers from Bama, auburn, lsu, uga, tenn, Uf and picked us instead???? Most every one we got this year had one or more of those offers, thats talent. I dont expect you to see anything just as i dont expect to hear your garbage talk about USC after Sept 10th but thats neither here nor there. We have the best rb/wr combo in the nation.....thats a fact. We also have most likely the best D line in the SEC this year, last years wasnt a slouch, it was too wasnt it? Lets keep this about UGA and Richt. Oh, spurrier got 6 sec titles in nine years, Uga got 12 in 70 yrs....thats stats ::ke: Funny thing is he done it at a school that had never had one, he didnt have the luxury of dropping into a job at a school loaded and ready to go like Myer, Saban is a good coach, he did win his at a good school but when you make one from scratch that shows what youve got.

gin house

Spurrier only has 1 title at Fla. I think saban could replace Richt and win. Or maybe even Meyer.

South Carolina is turning the corner, but like it's been said before, they're still Carolina. You like stats, Gin, look at the records over the last 10 yrs, where has SC been. yea I know they are split or whatever but last yr was the 1st trip to the sec championship game and they lost. UGA has 2 in the last 10 yrs. and you can say what you want, but if UGa, UF and Ut weren't down last yr, the chicks would have been right next to Kensucky. If not, then in the next 3 yr, USCe should win an sec title. Can they? NO

Ya think so?::ke::rolleyes: Thats going out on a limb isnt it?:bounce:

emusmacker

gin, I truly respect your homerism and I like a guy that roots for his team even thru the bad yrs. I applaud you for that, but really, until last yr thSouth Carolina Gamecocks weren't thought of as a threat to challenge for the sec east. I know you hate to bring up the past but you are the one that loves throwing out the measly little stats from the last several yrs. when USCe wins a sec title, I'll shut up and only then, even if uga lose to the cocks I'll keep talking trash, that what fans do. But I'm also not dumb enough to say that uga will contend for a tilte this yr. In the sec any team can beat any team anytime. But history proves itself, ginny, UGA has and will continue to be a better football team that USCe, even with Spurrier.

gin house

gin, I truly respect your homerism and I like a guy that roots for his team even thru the bad yrs. I applaud you for that, but really, until last yr thSouth Carolina Gamecocks weren't thought of as a threat to challenge for the sec east. I know you hate to bring up the past but you are the one that loves throwing out the measly little stats from the last several yrs. when USCe wins a sec title, I'll shut up and only then, even if uga lose to the cocks I'll keep talking trash, that what fans do. But I'm also not dumb enough to say that uga will contend for a tilte this yr. In the sec any team can beat any team anytime. But history proves itself, ginny, UGA has and will continue to be a better football team that USCe, even with Spurrier.

History is just that....history. We can argue all day but neither of us will change our opinions. You know, there was a time not too long ago when a lot of the top teams in college football werent thought of as a contender, during that time there were teams like Penn st, notre dame and more that were top shelf.........strange how history changes itself. Most of our recruits are good, alot of them were passed over by the big schools, dont look now but south carolina is in the top ten so far this year in recruiting(ahead of UGa, bama, clemson, tenn and many more) Most all our recruits had offers from the best. Wonder what Spurrier can do with a whole team and depth of that caliber :rolleyes: We'll just have to see what happens in the next few years. Not to be a homer but i can see a SEC title in the next 5 years.

emusmacker

LOL, spurrier won't be coaching in 5 yrs.

irishleprechaun

following your logic russia is still a super power...:rolleyes:

the only constant is change, keep living in your former glory while the winds of change whistle past....

paddlin samurai

Being better doesnt mean more wins then, we pounded the big bad dawg last year but yall still had the better team? Better recruits, better coach, better facilities, better fans, etc. So what happened? Gin and Irish mark this down, he will shut up when we win the SEC east- maybe he can join Corso crawling across Willie Brice...

ACguy

For the life of me I can not make any sense of the perception of Richt when it comes to other teams' fans.

When the "hot seat" talk was extremely premature a lot of them were positive that his days were numbered even though a lot of UGA fans thought that was ridiculous.

Now most UGA fans are out of patience with him and want him gone if we do not have a good season. Yet the same "hot seat" folks are now saying that Richt will be in Athens for a few more years no matter what he does this year.

Just goes to show you that people just like to hear themselves talk and none of it means anything.

I think the non UGA fans think Richt will be around for a few more years because UGA fans have put up with him this long. UGA has top 10 talent and the HC went 607 last year and still has his job , that says it all. Anyone that has seen the schedule knows it an easy SEC schedule . I would think he is most likely to get fired after the 2013 season, the schedule is going to be tough. This years schedule is so easy that it's hard to believe he can't go 8-4 and keep his job.

emusmacker

Being better doesnt mean more wins then, we pounded the big bad dawg last year but yall still had the better team? Better recruits, better coach, better facilities, better fans, etc. So what happened? Gin and Irish mark this down, he will shut up when we win the SEC east- maybe he can join Corso crawling across Willie Brice...

Hey paddy cakes, I ain't going to shut up if ya'll go undefeated. What I want to know, is where you going to be when your teams goes back to it's mediocrity? Probbly become a Clemson fan no doubt.

irishleprechaun

Hey paddy cakes, I ain't going to shut up if ya'll go undefeated. What I want to know, is where you going to be when your teams goes back to it's mediocrity? Probbly become a Clemson fan no doubt.

And you call garcia a dufus?

This was your post about 3 replies back....
"when USCe wins a sec title, I'll shut up and only then, even if uga lose to the cocks I'll keep talking trash,"

You can't even make up your mind within a single response...are you a woman?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I think the non UGA fans think Richt will be around for a few more years because UGA fans have put up with him this long. UGA has top 10 talent and the HC went 607 last year and still has his job , that says it all. Anyone that has seen the schedule knows it an easy SEC schedule . I would think he is most likely to get fired after the 2013 season, the schedule is going to be tough. This years schedule is so easy that it's hard to believe he can't go 8-4 and keep his job.

So UGA fans retained Mark Richt after last season?

riprap

So UGA fans retained Mark Richt after last season?

You didn't hear? These posts on the GON forum have a lot of pull with SEC administrators.

Richt, Saban, Spurrier,.........all check in on the forum to check in on job performance issues.

grunt0331

Typical UGA fan where reason and common sense are foreign concepts. Why the obsession with USC? We have been a bad program for years and years and years. We are now a true contender and another team to deal with in an incredibly tough conference. Get used to it. 1980 is a long time ago.

grunt0331

And you call garcia a dufus?

This was your post about 3 replies back....
"when USCe wins a sec title, I'll shut up and only then, even if uga lose to the cocks I'll keep talking trash,"

You can't even make up your mind within a single response...are you a woman?

Irish, don't engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed. It will just make you frustrated in the end.

grunt0331

If UGA beats BSU, then I don't like our chnaces against the Dawgs this year as they will come into the game with the big Mo on their side. If UGA loses to BSU, I think the Cocks have a hiuge game against them and the "hot seat" talk regarding Richt goes into high gear. If he goes 0-2 to start the season, then he is a dead man walking unless he sumehow wins the East.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Typical UGA fan where reason and common sense are foreign concepts. Why the obsession with USC? We have been a bad program for years and years and years. We are now a true contender and another team to deal with in an incredibly tough conference. Get used to it. 1980 is a long time ago.

There are certainly some morons in our fanbase as is the case with every fanbase. But SC fans have no place to talk when it comes to delusion and lack of common sense.

According to a bunch of the SC fanbase, all those years of being a sucky program are a fluke. It was always "wait until next year." There are UGA fans that are the same way but lets not get pious about it.

As for SC being a "true contender" you are basing that off of one decent season. The fact that you guys are so drunk on one decent year just makes you look like Johnny come latelies and doesn't do much for yall's credibility when you insist on being taken seriously.

You guys are going to have to string a few wins against us together before you can tell anybody to get used to it and be taken seriously.

UGA is down. No doubt about it. And we never did quite turn the corner even in Richt's best years. We were always just good. Never great. And SC hasn't even had that much success. I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk but you guys are Kentucky as far as most of the rest of us are concerned. One good season doesn't make you a "true contender."

And SC fans a re way more obsessed with UGA than UGA is with SC. That is an absolute fact. Why would we be obsessed with somenone that we have beaten so often?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
You didn't hear? These posts on the GON forum have a lot of pull with SEC administrators.

Richt, Saban, Spurrier,.........all check in on the forum to check in on job performance issues.

Thinking isn't this guy's strong suit.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
There are certainly some morons in our fanbase as is the case with every fanbase. But SC fans have no place to talk when it comes to delusion and lack of common sense.

According to a bunch of the SC fanbase, all those years of being a sucky program are a fluke. It was always "wait until next year." There are UGA fans that are the same way but lets not get pious about it.

As for SC being a "true contender" you are basing that off of one decent season. The fact that you guys are so drunk on one decent year just makes you look like Johnny come latelies and doesn't do much for yall's credibility when you insist on being taken seriously.

You guys are going to have to string a few wins against us together before you can tell anybody to get used to it and be taken seriously.

UGA is down. No doubt about it. And we never did quite turn the corner even in Richt's best years. We were always just good. Never great. And SC hasn't even had that much success. I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk but you guys are Kentucky as far as most of the rest of us are concerned. One good season doesn't make you a "true contender."

And SC fans a re way more obsessed with UGA than UGA is with SC. That is an absolute fact. Why would we be obsessed with somenone that we have beaten so often?

Great post....

gin house

Boys just let the season get here and it will shake itself out. I have a good feeling USC will have an even better year but thats just my opinion. Usc since spurrier has been here has built a foundation now its building. Uga fans dont see it but its happening. Spurrier has also went into a lot of games with tough losses by a point or two, the record doesnt tell the whole story. South Carolins fans could care less about UGA, Im more obsessed with beating Bama and UF but a win over a mediocre UGa team was fun. lol. In all reality i feel better playing Uga and other big programs, we usually show up and play well but sleep on some smaller programs and get beat, that too should be taken care of but we'll have to see. I myself cant wait for the next few years of USC football.