If Gamecocks beat Jawja...

brownceluse

Boys just let the season get here and it will shake itself out. I have a good feeling USC will have an even better year but thats just my opinion. Usc since spurrier has been here has built a foundation now its building. Uga fans dont see it but its happening. Spurrier has also went into a lot of games with tough losses by a point or two, the record doesnt tell the whole story. South Carolins fans could care less about UGA, Im more obsessed with beating Bama and UF but a win over a mediocre UGa team was fun. lol. In all reality i feel better playing Uga and other big programs, we usually show up and play well but sleep on some smaller programs and get beat, that too should be taken care of but we'll have to see. I myself cant wait for the next few years of USC football.
I have that same opinoin about UGA. So that means that SC has to still worry about UGA this year to win the east. Your right it will be hashed out between the hedges in a few weeks! We shall see.

Les Miles

Banned
As for SC being a "true contender" you are basing that off of one decent season. The fact that you guys are so drunk on one decent year just makes you look like Johnny come latelies and doesn't do much for yall's credibility when you insist on being taken seriously.

You guys are going to have to string a few wins against us together before you can tell anybody to get used to it and be taken seriously.

...you guys are Kentucky as far as most of the rest of us are concerned. One good season doesn't make you a "true contender."

These are excellent points that Ginny & company don't want to admit. It's all pretty laughable to me that they lost 5 games last year and are crowing so loud like they actually did something.

For the record: USCe winnning a very down East division last year with a 8-5 record ain't all that. :rolleyes:

Going to be a big dose of humble pie served if South Carolina doesn't beat Georgia here in a month or so. ;)

gin house

I have that same opinoin about UGA. So that means that SC has to still worry about UGA this year to win the east. Your right it will be hashed out between the hedges in a few weeks! We shall see.

Thats what makes college football the best.... Sure, We have to worry about UGA, always do. Really until spurrier got here i never expected to even be in the game with uga, it was nice to get a first down every now and then. lol This is the SEC, theyre all tough. Im waiting on my tickets, they should be here soon so I'll be there between the bushes to see it all:cheers: Good or bad:D

emusmacker

Typical UGA fan where reason and common sense are foreign concepts. Why the obsession with USC? We have been a bad program for years and years and years. We are now a true contender and another team to deal with in an incredibly tough conference. Get used to it. 1980 is a long time ago.

I was going to comment but South Ga dawg took care of it.
Like it was said earlier, 5 LOSSES and now ya'll are the big boys in the east. Now whose reasoning seems foreign and lacking common sense. Yes USCe has been a good program, and usually play UGA tough, but regardless if you lose by "a point or two" or get blown out, it's still a loss. Like it was said earlier also, Kentucky had a decent season, but I bet they ain't picking themselves to win the east. They rule in Basketball, USCe has a great baseball program and a good football program. But 5 losse is still 5 losses and makes no one a worthy contender.

emusmacker

Oh yea Grunt, I'm not absessed with USCe, to me ya'll are a good practice and warm up for real teams. Same as Kensucky, Vandy, Miss St, Miss.

emusmacker

Irish, don't engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed. It will just make you frustrated in the end.

So mr genius, you think Garcia is really the best QB in the sec? Hmmm be careful how you answer, don't want to sound like a dufus too.

gin house

So mr genius, you think Garcia is really the best QB in the sec? Hmmm be careful how you answer, don't want to sound like a dufus too.

You might want to research last years stats and you might change your tune a little. Hes not great but he was at the top of the sec last year. What do you base your opinion of who the best is? color of jersey? long hair/ short hair? Just curious because stats dont do anything for you.:huh:

gin house

google 2010 quarterback leaders. Garcia was third in the SEC last year, fourth was Aaron Murray and sixth was Cam Newton.......Not too bad for a dufus ha?:rolleyes:

ACguy

So UGA fans retained Mark Richt after last season?

So you think he should have been fired after last season ? If most of the fans wanted him fired then he would have been fired. The new head guy is not going to fire a head coach that the fans support unless he has too. How good does ne have to do to keep his job this year ? 8-4 ?

ACguy

As for SC being a "true contender" you are basing that off of one decent season. The fact that you guys are so drunk on one decent year just makes you look like Johnny come latelies and doesn't do much for yall's credibility when you insist on being taken seriously.

You guys are going to have to string a few wins against us together before you can tell anybody to get used to it and be taken seriously.

UGA is down. No doubt about it. And we never did quite turn the corner even in Richt's best years. We were always just good. Never great. And SC hasn't even had that much success. I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk but you guys are Kentucky as far as most of the rest of us are concerned. One good season doesn't make you a "true contender."

And SC fans a re way more obsessed with UGA than UGA is with SC. That is an absolute fact. Why would we be obsessed with somenone that we have beaten so often?

So USCe is not a contender for the east or the SEC championship ? Didn't you think the same thing last year ?

When is the last time USCe had as much talent as they do now ?

It's been a long time if they have ever had this much talent. They have 4 guys(Gilmore , Jeffery, Taylor, Lattimore) projected as 1st round picks .

I don't see any of the USCe fans saying they have had a great program for years. They are excited that they had a good year last year and beat UGA.

ACguy

google 2010 quarterback leaders. Garcia was third in the SEC last year, fourth was Aaron Murray and sixth was Cam Newton.......Not too bad for a dufus ha?:rolleyes:

What do you mean by QB leaders? Are you talking about SEC games only? Newton was #1 in the SEC for the season , Murray was 4th and Garcia 5th.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
So you think he should have been fired after last season ? If most of the fans wanted him fired then he would have been fired. The new head guy is not going to fire a head coach that the fans support unless he has too. How good does ne have to do to keep his job this year ? 8-4 ?

If fans decided when a coach got fired these guys wouldn't last a whole season most times.

College football fans are totally irrational right after a loss and sometimes after a season if they don't get everything they want.

All you have to do is go check some of these message boards. The Florida people on some of these things wanted Meyer fired three or four different times. Ditto LSU with Miles, same deal with just about any coach.

I stood in Sanford Stadium and watched a 51-33 shalacking at the hands of a pretty average Tennessee team in 2006. People all around me were screaming for Richt to be fired. The next season he went 11-2 so if these ADs pulled the trigger based on the wishes of fans it would be a complete Chinese fire drill with guys being replaced in the middle of a season after a loss.

Just because a bunch of fans start squawking does not mean a guy is gonna be fired.

And the statement that you made about UGA fans wanting Richt to stay and that "says it all" was incorrect.

The fanbase was pretty divided last year and the year before.

Fans do not control a coach's fate insofar as the customary fickle nonsense that comes with ridiculous expectations characteristic of all fanbases.

Wins and losses determine a coach's fate and last year was Richt's first losing season. McGarity was not going to fire him for one losing season.

I do not know how many wins will keep his job but if beats your reptiles he's probably safe because nobody else on our schedule looks particularly tough.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
So USCe is not a contender for the east or the SEC championship ? Didn't you think the same thing last year ?

When is the last time USCe had as much talent as they do now ?

It's been a long time if they have ever had this much talent. They have 4 guys(Gilmore , Jeffery, Taylor, Lattimore) projected as 1st round picks .

I don't see any of the USCe fans saying they have had a great program for years. They are excited that they had a good year last year and beat UGA.

It never ceases to amaze me how you have to respond to everything that I post. I must have deeply wounded you at some point.

I'll believe this SC hype when I see them do it two years in a row. I do not care how much talent they have. We've all got talent. Camp is just starting. Who knows who is going to get hurt. I don't want anybody to get hurt but they are about one torn knee away from having big problems. So I'll just wait and see it play out on the field before I drink the Kool Aid but you help yourself.;)

Everybody is a true contender in the east. The east is weak. Everybody but Vandy has a shot and they might too for all we know right now.

I love how you try to portray yourself as neutral. You love Spurrier and you want SC to beat UGA. That's all this is about. You take up for the fans of other teams and rhetorically ask what is wrong being excited but have been so charitable about UGA prior to any season? I doubt it.

Last edited:

ACguy

If fans decided when a coach got fired these guys wouldn't last a whole season most times.

College football fans are totally irrational right after a loss and sometimes after a season if they don't get everything they want.

All you have to do is go check some of these message boards. The Florida people on some of these things wanted Meyer fired three or four different times. Ditto LSU with Miles, same deal with just about any coach.

I stood in Sanford Stadium and watched a 51-33 shalacking at the hands of a pretty average Tennessee team in 2006. People all around me were screaming for Richt to be fired. The next season he went 11-2 so if these ADs pulled the trigger based on the wishes of fans it would be a complete Chinese fire drill with guys being replaced in the middle of a season after a loss.

Just because a bunch of fans start squawking does not mean a guy is gonna be fired.

And the statement that you made about UGA fans wanting Richt to stay and that "says it all" was incorrect.

The fanbase was pretty divided last year and the year before.

Fans do not control a coach's fate insofar as the customary fickle nonsense that comes with ridiculous expectations characteristic of all fanbases.

Wins and losses determine a coach's fate and last year was Richt's first losing season. McGarity was not going to fire him for one losing season.

I do not know how many wins will keep his job but if beats your reptiles he's probably safe because nobody else on our schedule looks particularly tough.

Average fans pay for the tickets that help keep these coaches around and boosters give alot of money to school and most of them do it because they are fans. Some fans do want Richt fired but most of them don't. Do you think he should have been fired already?

So it's ok for a coach with top 10 talent like Richt to have a losing season? You act like everyone has losing seasons. You bash USCe like they are not on a level playing field with UGA then act like it's ok for your HC to have a losing season when Spurrier has never had a losing season while at USCe.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Average fans pay for the tickets that help keep these coaches around and boosters give alot of money to school and most of them do it because they are fans. Some fans do want Richt fired but most of them don't. Do you think he should have been fired already?

So it's ok for a coach with top 10 talent like Richt to have a losing season? You act like everyone has losing seasons. You bash USCe like they are not on a level playing field with UGA then act like it's ok for your HC to have a losing season when Spurrier has never had a losing season while at USCe.

Most UGA fans do not want Richt fired? How do you know this? Where did you get this from? Because I doubt you can quantify it. Sounds like your opinion and nothing more.

Eventually everybody does have a losing season. Check out a UF media guide. it probably has the team's record from every season. You might be surprised what you learn.;)

Where did I say that losing seasons are ok?

And a neat fact is that SC's longest winning streak over UGA is two games. So I guess that's why I'm not ready to believe that we are on a level playing field.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
What do you mean by QB leaders? Are you talking about SEC games only? Newton was #1 in the SEC for the season , Murray was 4th and Garcia 5th.

Interesting. according to ESPN, the only SEC qbs that ranked ahead of Murray nationally were Newton, Mallet, and McElroy.

I didn't see John Brantley's name.

emusmacker

Gin, do I need to go back and pull some of your previous posts where YOU said that you had given up on Garcia. So do you think he should not be punished and do you think he the smartest. Also I will check some stats for you and get back with you. But I bet you Mallett has better numbers.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Gin, do I need to go back and pull some of your previous posts where YOU said that you had given up on Garcia. So do you think he should not be punished and do you think he the smartest. Also I will check some stats for you and get back with you. But I bet you Mallett has better numbers.

God bless him. Gin is a true believer. He's forgotten all that.:rofl:

ACguy

It never ceases to amaze me how you have to respond to everything that I post. I must have deeply wounded you at some point.

I'll believe this SC hype when I see them do it two years in a row. I do not care how much talent they have. We've all got talent. Camp is just starting. Who knows who is going to get hurt. I don't want anybody to get hurt but they are about one torn knee away from having big problems. So I'll just wait and see it play out on the field before I drink the Kool Aid but you help yourself.;)

Everybody is a true contender in the east. The east is weak. Everybody but Vandy has a shot and they might too for all we know right now.

I love how you try to portray yourself as neutral. You love Spurrier and you want SC to beat UGA. That's all this is about. You take up for the fans of other teams and rhetorically ask what is wrong being excited but have been so charitable about UGA prior to any season? I doubt it.

You don't cease to amaze me. If a team had more talent then it's had in a long time , if not ever , then how would they be the same old team from years past ? Is UGA a True contender? They haven't been to the SEC championship game in 5 or 6 years and did it 3 times in the last 20 years. This hole thing about them only winning last year because UGA and UF were down is Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----. UGA has never went to the SEC championship game with out UF having a down year. So that would mean that UF would be the only real true contender because they have done it with UGA and UT having good years. I have been charitable to UGA . I have never claimed they would be worse then they ended up being.

Now your saying that even Kentucky is a contender in the east. So is USCe a contender for the east now or not ?