First Black Panther sighting?

raghorn

Is this the first one of the year..................:huh::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• 070911belizezoo_177[1].jpg
    070911belizezoo_177[1].jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 5,749

kevincox

They don't exist for those that have never seen one. They do for those fortunate few that have seen one!:cool:

screamincr250

I have never understood why a panther cannot be black? What big deal? How many colors of cats and dogs are there? I was looking at some pictures of deer in a magazine the other day. There were several albino deer and also a black whitetail that almost looked like a cow. I guess it didn't exist though. Someone please explain to me why a panther cannot possibly be black? There may be some genetics of panthers that only allows them to be lighter colors that I do nopt know about, so someone please explain it to me.

P

potsticker

I have never understood why a panther cannot be black? What big deal? How many colors of cats and dogs are there? I was looking at some pictures of deer in a magazine the other day. There were several albino deer and also a black whitetail that almost looked like a cow. I guess it didn't exist though. Someone please explain to me why a panther cannot possibly be black? There may be some genetics of panthers that only allows them to be lighter colors that I do nopt know about, so someone please explain it to me.
That aint nothing, me and old joe biddlerback saw a sasquach on hwy 212. It was eating blackberrys. two mornings later it was sitting at the check in station smoking some old dropped cigar.If you believe in something long enough it will come true!:hair::hair::hair::hair:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Judgin` by the shape of that cats` head, I`d say it is a melanistic phase jaguar.

AccUbonD

Judgin` by the shape of that cats` head, I`d say it is a melanistic phase jaguar.

yeah I dont think we want them kind here in ga. we can deal with the mountain lions, but that one is alittle more up in the food chain, starting to get into south america and africa stuff there.

south america jaguar relative to the african leopard

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

nuttin new

See em every time I go down this road , bout every 1/2 mile.:bounce:

Attachments

• BP1.jpg
    BP1.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 2,076

Killdee

There has never been a documented case of a melanistic cougar. Theres loads of info around about it.Think about it, have you ever seen a photo or artical in any outdoor magazine or even an old black and white pic of somebodys greatgrandfather with a picture of a dead black mountain lion.Like a deer they have a darker coat in the winter but they are all still tan.Im sure there are a few florida panthers that roam into Ga. Just no black ones. Heres a link with alot of info regarding the black panther ledgend.http://en.allexperts.com/q/Wild-Animals-705/panthers.htm

screamincr250

so if i spray paint one black.......everyone would say.....thats not black...it's purple!!!

MCBUCK

Oh no !!:hair: Not this thread again !!!
Please, oh please !! Stop this madness !!::gone:
Repeat after me..."There are No Black Panther in Georgia,
There are no Black Panthers in Georgia. There is no proof. There are no Black Panthers in Georgia.......

:pop2: