Copperhead Mud Motors

HALOJmpr

My wife's uncle put one on an allweld 1648 and I hunted out of it twice this year. It did great and will run about 16-17 mph with 2 guys and a gear. Not a speed demon but at 12hp it planes off nice and runs well!

duck-dawg

If I had the money to make up the difference, I would sell my longtail and put their 10hp on the back of my gheenoe. Those look like great little motors.

Core Lokt

My friend (the dealer) clocked his 12hp @ 24 mph on a 15' fiberglass duck boat that he makes with 2 people in it. I don't care about the speed as much as being reliable and fuel efficient. One thing I did notice and didn't like is that at an idle it will run 4-5mph (guessing could be faster). Not sure if it can be adjusted any lower or not.

thompsonsz71

I like the looks of them.... let me know some more details ...... might put a 12 on my 15 48

Barroll

My friend (the dealer) clocked his 12hp @ 24 mph on a 15' fiberglass duck boat that he makes with 2 people in it. I don't care about the speed as much as being reliable and fuel efficient. One thing I did notice and didn't like is that at an idle it will run 4-5mph (guessing could be faster). Not sure if it can be adjusted any lower or not.

With a small hp motor like that without a clutch you dont want something that is going to stall out at idle in vegetation or mud. Even my 35 surface drive idles high.

GSURugger

With a small hp motor like that without a clutch you dont want something that is going to stall out at idle in vegetation or mud. Even my 35 surface drive idles high.

should be able to adjust the idle. i keep my hyperdrive idleing around 800-900 rpm for open water/clean water, and will turn it up to around 1200 for thick stuff

Barroll

should be able to adjust the idle. i keep my hyperdrive idleing around 800-900 rpm for open water/clean water, and will turn it up to around 1200 for thick stuff

I let mine idle around 1100. I dont have any problems with it stalling out. Im pretty much always in veg or shallow mud so i just leave it high.

clent586

I have heard several reports of these speeds. I too was doubtful but have heard multiple reports like these. Backwoods Landing in Alabama carries them as well.

HALOJmpr

My wife's uncle put one on an allweld 1648 and I hunted out of it twice this year. It did great and will run about 16-17 mph with 2 guys and a gear. Not a speed demon but at 12hp it planes off nice and runs well!

I was running the GPS for this run ... we only had about 3 dozen dekes in the boat with us and our 2 guns and he has a lightweight blind. This was on Miccosukee. What's the name of the dealer? They went to Alabama to buy this motor because at the time there was no one local who would make a deal on the motor.

Core Lokt

I went for a ride today. It ran 19.8-20.4 on my gps, bare boat (180lbs), the motor (weight ?) and 2 grown men around 470+ lbs total. This motor (12 hp) is on a 14'6" boat and I was impressed with what it did.

Someone asked, Dead Dux LLC is the dealer, Thomasville Ga.

Here is a pic of the boat like the one we were in.

duck_boat1.jpg

Core Lokt

That is an unbelievable speed for that size motor.

I thought so too but I seen it with my own eyes. Keep in mind the boat itself is not really heavy at 180lbs so that had something to do with it. I know it will slow some with the boat loaded with gear but from what I saw in other areas it will make up for it.