2012 Obsession Lethal Force

hamrhed

Hi from Nova Scotia, Canada.
Just received my new Obsession Lethal Force; the first Obsession bow in Canada. After taking the bow out of the box and setting it up with the rest and sight, and basically no fine tuning of any type, it only took four shots to paper tune the bow. I own five other compound bows and the Obsession is the smoothest bow I have ever shot. I took it to the range and quickly set it for 30 yards. I took the bow to an outdoor 3-D tournament and scored a 194 in the morning, and a 199 in the afternoon. I use an HHA single pin sight and a QAD drop away. I shoot up to 50 yards with my 30 yard pin without moving my sight. This is the way I shoot all 3-D competitions. This is the finest bow I have ever owned. I have had two dealers and about six friends try this bow, who cannot believe how smooth it is. It is extremely fast for a 7" brace height bow. I am so impressed that I am now looking forward to getting a Lethal Force for my wife, and an Addiction for target shooting for myself.
My hat goes off to Dennis and Angela Lewis of Obsession Bows.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm glad you like your new bow..... But shooting 50yds with your 30 pin without moving pins??? Come on man, who you trying to fool?

hound dog

So you saying there is no drop from 30 to 50 yards? If so how fast you shooting?

pasinthrough

Sounds to me like he just uses hold over and has been doing that for some time now. If he is use to it, it might work for him.

OP, congrats on the bow. They are sweet shooters!

hamrhed

Hey Hound Dog, What I do is set my 20 yard pin approximately 2 inches high. That lets me shoot out to 40 fairly flat, and the rest is instictive shooting; I never adjust my sights for 3-D or for hunting. My deer go down every Fall using this method. This bow is set at 68 pounds, 29" draw. According to the chrono with a 334 grain arrow, I'm getting 329 fps. This is the way I have always shot; I do not like to adjust my sight for distances. Anyways.....all the best to you ladies and gentlemen down south....happy hunting.

hound dog

Hey Hound Dog, What I do is set my 20 yard pin approximately 2 inches high. That lets me shoot out to 40 fairly flat, and the rest is instictive shooting; I never adjust my sights for 3-D or for hunting. My deer go down every Fall using this method. This bow is set at 68 pounds, 29" draw. According to the chrono with a 334 grain arrow, I'm getting 329 fps. This is the way I have always shot; I do not like to adjust my sight for distances. Anyways.....all the best to you ladies and gentlemen down south....happy hunting.

Yep that sounds about right for a hunting set up. Sweet

Latest posts