Jehovah's Witnesses

centerpin fan

If you insist on bumping this tired, beaten-to-death thread by posting videos that I will not watch, please have the common decency to embed them, as the site rules require.

Spineyman

He who has the Son, has life, he who has not the Son has not life. These words I have written unto you, that you may KNOW that you have eternal life!

Artfuldodger

He who has the Son, has life, he who has not the Son has not life. These words I have written unto you, that you may KNOW that you have eternal life!

Can one have the Son and yet believe the Son is God incarnate(Oneness), the pre-existing spiritual Son incarnate(Trinity), the Son being the son of God and Mother Mary(Christadelphians), Jesus the adopted Son of God(Adoptionism), Jesus as Michael(JW), or God and the Son being completely different entities(Church of the LDS)?

If one believes Jesus is the "Son" then does he have the Son? Maybe deep down in your heart, it's all about what Jesus did more than trying to explain the technicalities of how he is the Son of God.

If somehow one believes Jesus is the Son of God, and that he died for their sins, then why must they believe more as pertaining to Jesus being the Son of God?

Artfuldodger

Can one have the Son and yet believe the Son is God incarnate(Oneness), the pre-existing spiritual Son incarnate(Trinity), the Son being the son of God and Mother Mary(Christadelphians), Jesus the adopted Son of God(Adoptionism), Jesus as Michael(JW), or God and the Son being completely different entities(Church of the LDS)?

If one believes Jesus is the "Son" then does he have the Son? Maybe deep down in your heart, it's all about what Jesus did more than trying to explain the technicalities of
how he is the Son of God.

Jack Ryan

This kind of thing is not confined to JW churches nor is represenative of them. I would not know this for sure, but I say this because I have seen equal things in other churches that I will not name

Yep.

Jack Ryan

Most religions get misrepresented. So much of what you hear is contrived. But I would like to know about something that seems to be a JW belief. No blood transfusions. Can someone verify if this is for all JW's and on what they base this on.

Yes.

Spineyman

If one believes Jesus is the "Son" then does he have the Son? Maybe deep down in your heart, it's all about what Jesus did more than trying to explain the technicalities of
how he is the Son of God.
It is written clearly in His Word. It also warns about adding to or taking away from His Word.

Acts 4:12

12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Hebrews 1:1-4

1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself[a] purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

centerpin fan

lhm.jpg