Kansas Unit 14

deerbandit

Does anyone have an experience hunting unit 14 in Kansas? Mainly around the Coffee County and Anderson County area. Looks like we will be heading that way first week on November.

Jim Boyd

Don't know the area but Kansas in November should be magical.

Good luck!!!!

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I'm assuming you have or are going to put in for tags. I did yesterday. I drive thru Coffee county heading out to our farm it's a pretty area for sure!! Good luck on the draw and the hunt!!

deerbandit

I'm assuming you have or are going to put in for tags. I did yesterday. I drive thru Coffee county heading out to our farm it's a pretty area for sure!! Good luck on the draw and the hunt!!

We put in for tags yesterday. I hope the hunt goes well! What part of the state do you hunt?

rjcruiser

We hunt Butler Co in Unit 15...just west of you. You can read our LFTT threads over the past 5 or so years to get a feel for dates and what we were seeing/killed. I think the second week is a bit better than the first...but it's the midwest...it's amazing.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
We'll be leaving the 2nd of Nov this year. I have to be off the farm I hunt before Pheasant season which is the 2nd Saturday in Nov. I've never understood it but i'm not gonna argue with them either. lol. I'd love to hunt the 2nd week.

bowhunterdavid

We hunt Butler Co in Unit 15...just west of you. You can read our LFTT threads over the past 5 or so years to get a feel for dates and what we were seeing/killed. I think the second week is a bit better than the first...but it's the midwest...it's amazing.

Same here, unit 15 has been real good to us, I would bet unit 14 should be good also, we go the third week:cool:

deers2ward

I have hunted 13 & 14. Brought home a wall hanger that is bigger than anything I have killed in GA. Great area

Quailbird

Are you hunting walk-in or private land? We have hunted Coffee, Greenwood, and Lyon counties the past couple of years. It is a great area and you should see plenty of deer. We always hunt early November but base our trip schedule on the weather patterns. Good luck!

deerbandit

Are you hunting walk-in or private land? We have hunted Coffee, Greenwood, and Lyon counties the past couple of years. It is a great area and you should see plenty of deer. We always hunt early November but base our trip schedule on the weather patterns. Good luck!

We will be hunting private land that we have leased for all of Archery season. The second week just seems to fit our schedules right now but we might try to get back out there for an extended weekend if the weather is right later on.