Range is hot---NOT???

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've shot IDPA and GAPDA matches numerous times, both indoor and outdoor. Indoor, it's much easier to see the full range when people are pasting holes and scoring the last shooter. Outdoor setups are a little harder, for the same reason they are more fun...a few more angles involved, more creativity, and more things to block sections of downrange from view. At the outdoor events, my experience has been the RSO and the scorer both have a mental count of the shooters in that heat, and do a headcount before the next shooter takes the line. Plus, all the shooters are usually watching out for each other, as well. Definitely on the RSO on that one.

rayjay

All the matches I've shot in started with the classic, old "READY ON THE LEFT , READY ON THE RIGHT....."

For this match I would think that maybe a LOUD buzzer sounded 5 seconds before the next shooter starts banging away would be a good warning [ assuming this video isn't a hoax ].

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Looks rigged to me. At .19 a bullet impacts exactly where the oblivious mystery guy is standing. I can't imagine a scenario where multiple range masters don't walk the course prior to each round of the competition

In this day and age that about has to be your first thought about any video like this.

I've had good luck with my the public range I go to and I have to agree with this^^^^^^^

I dont buy the video for a second. At least I HOPE thats the case!! I could not follow someone down range like that without seeing for myself he was gon and No One was there!!

Northwestretriever

Good lord!!!!!!!!!!!