My completed Archangel Ruger 10/22.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I received the new stock today so I went to work putting everything together. There was some fitting to do because of the new KIDD trigger, but everything went smoothly. The adjustable butt plate and cheek rest is really nice. Everything fits me perfectly. Now I am ready to put some holes in some targets. What do you think.

Here are the before and after pictures of it.

gt40

PS: I think it is a little heavier now, but it is balanced better. I hope it will shoot as good or better than before.

Attachments

• archangel stock .jpg
    archangel stock .jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 400
  • new scope on 10:22 .jpg
    new scope on 10:22 .jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 10-22 bubble level .jpg
    10-22 bubble level .jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

wareagle700

Nothing says "tactical" like silk flowers. ;)

Big7

The Oracle
Sweet!

I have a matching pair that I have been thinking about doing something with one of them.

Might have just got a clue!

Put us up some targets when you shoot it.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here is a target I shot with the new scope, but haven't shot one with the new stock and anti-cant bubble. Hopefully I can get to shoot it this weekend.

gt40

Attachments

• 10_22 at 25 yds. .jpg
    10_22 at 25 yds. .jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 356

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Went to BP and got a PLANO case that will work just fine. It has a large pocket that holds my bipod and other stuff.

gt40

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was asked to post a picture of my bubble level attached to my scope. So here it is.

gt40

PS: The scope is a Bushnell RIMFIRE scope with 3-12X40mm that comes with 3 different vertical turrets. One with MOA clicks another that is calibrated for 22 LR and the last is calibrated for 22 WMR.

Attachments

• 10-22 bubble level .jpg
    10-22 bubble level .jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 10:22 bubble level 1 .jpg
    10:22 bubble level 1 .jpg
    138 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

660griz

My 10/22. Tactical Solutions barrel. Magpul Hunter x22 stock. Bushnell AR 22 scope.

Attachments

• 1022.jpg
    1022.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 259

660griz

Looken good I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it. How does it shoot?

gt40

PS: Good scope too.

Thanks. Yours too.

It shoots good but, still need a trigger and a suppressor. I was hoping suppressors would get off the NFA list soon. Maybe not.

Also, I got the Magpul m-lock bipod mount. As seen in the picture. I have two bipods and none of them will fit over the giant head of that thing. I really don't want to grind on it so, bipod search is on again.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have a Harris, Caldwell and another that clamps to a Picatinny rail. I can not tell the difference between the Harris and the Caldwell which are both tilting models. The Caldwell is less expensive. They both clamp onto the nipple like you have on your fore end. Try to loosening the thumb screw up more and squeeze the part that has the pins that go into the nipple to spread them apart and then it should fit correctly and then tighten it. By squeezing on the two parts with the holes in them it spreads the pins apart that go into the nipple under your fore end.

gt40

Attachments

• caldwell bipod .jpg
    caldwell bipod .jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 193

660griz

I've tried, other folks have tried. I have removed the thumb screw and pressed the other end with pliers, trying to get the end to open enough. It may require a pry bar and 6 beers. We'll see.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Try squeezing them together while pushing them down through the hole. This should allow the two pins to separate even more.

gt40

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I should have said unscrew the tightning screw a lot then push the two pieces down through the hole as far as you can then squeeze them together and the pins should spread apart about 1/2". then you can put the pins into the nipple and while holding them in the nipple hole while screwing the tightening screw until it gets tight.

gt40

Last edited:

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
660griz ,

Incase you haven't been able to get your bipod attached to your x-22 fore end call 1-877-4magpul and talk to tech support.

gt40

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I finally was able to get to the range after the rifle was complete. After I sighted in I shot a 10 shot group at 25 yds. I had adjusted the bipod so the bubble level was centered. I think that is why I was able to shoot 10 shots into a group that measures 3/8" center to center. :clap: The original group with the old stock measured 1+1/16" center to center which I rested on sand bags.

gt40

Attachments

• 6-3-2017 25 yds. .jpg
    6-3-2017 25 yds. .jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 93