Camping on the cossawattee??

devolve

The wife and I are going to paddle from the spillway to
The take out at 225. We have never done this one. Any recommendations on a good place to camp around half way?

Thanks!!

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
There are no public camping areas along the river. Unless you know a land owner along the river I wouldn't just camp on their land.

devolve

W We are just looking for a spot to hang our hammocks for the night without getting run off or breaking the law.

Caseypatton

Pumpkin rock is nice and the fishing is good but not sure what the owner would say if you hung a hammock

devolve

How about the etowah then? Putting in at the allatoona dam and headed down for a couple days.

Josey

How about the etowah then? Putting in at the allatoona dam and headed down for a couple days.

I think the Etowah is about the same, regarding private property. However, I believe there is an island somewhere downstream of 411. That might be an ok place to camp.
Also, there is a required portage around a dam a just downstream of 293 (a few miles below the Allatoona dam). Probably fairly easy with just boats, but probably a pain with camping gear.

devolve

Well, we will just take out chances then. It's a small trip we have been wanting to do for our wedding anniversary.

Latest posts