Dolphins messing with shark baits.

Tadpole23

I was fishing Jekyll Sunday and had a few dolphins messing with my bait I was trying to catch sharks with finally caught a 5 1/2 foot bull shark soon as I turned him a loose a dolphin jumped on my bait me thinking it was another shark got him to the beach and seen it wasn't a shark so I cut him free. I was by myself so I didn't want to try to get a big circle hook out of a dolphins mouth. Is this very common? I never have them mess with my bait around tybee.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Wow that's wild man! Never had it happen to me on Ga coast. Used to have dolphins eat our bait when we used to fish Tampa Bay area.....never had one stay hooked up though.

Tadpole23

I've had them take fish off my hook in the gulf but this one look a dead whiting off bottom. I had a 18 circle hook and 3 foot of wire with 8 foot of 400 lb mono I got him to the beach and holding on to the mono didn't know what to do with him cause they are some big animals. I was fishing on the south end at the wrecked shrimp boat.

Apex Predator

In nearly 50 years of fishing the GA coast, I've never heard of such a thing. I shark fished a whole bunch through the years as well.

mlbowfin

I would imagine a full grown dolphin would make a wahoo feel like a tadpole in comparison! what kind of setup were you using (rod and reel)?