Where are the big bream and shellcracker on Lanier?

My son randomly caught a pretty big shellcracker off the ramp dock at 6 Mile Creek. And we can catch tiny bream near the shore just about anywhere. But I'm curious where we can catch bigger ones with any consistency. And where they typically spawn. I'm guessing we need to run way up north past Clark's Bridge?

red neck richie

My son randomly caught a pretty big shellcracker off the ramp dock at 6 Mile Creek. And we can catch tiny bream near the shore just about anywhere. But I'm curious where we can catch bigger ones with any consistency. And where they typically spawn. I'm guessing we need to run way up north past Clark's Bridge?

They are under the docks. Worms and crickets under the docks work best. Cut up a worm at each dock a toss some pieces under the dock. Then cast one with a hook under it. Kind of like chumming with worms. They are smarter than you think and when they see the hook they will stop biting. Use as small of a hook as possible.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Docks, riprap, and suspended off the bottom. I caught one about a pound last year. The shellcrackers grow huge in Lanier. Never caught a big bluegill in the same size range out of there though. Nobody seems to Care for them or the crappie after the spring spawn though.

Big7

The Oracle
Oconee..

Trestle bridge. Just north of I- 20..

Scrape off some barnacles and bring plenty of
crickets.
;)

ThomasCobb123

Wherever you're catching the small ones....just throw out deeper (in lanier, maybe 20-25 feet). Hard clay bottoms...the ones you think "don't have any cover and a fish wouldn't be there".
Just tight line them with a sinker/hook/and worms on bottom. The fish will do the rest..easy pickings. (Pretend you're in one of those bass club tournaments fishing a plastic worm up a point)
If there's little ones....there's some big ones around too.
You'll be surprised.
In the last 20 years, I've probably caught 15,000 on the points off the islands around old aqualand marina.
And if you "don't believe a word of it".............just ignore everything else I wrote.
Enjoy....:banginghe