Most religions against homosexuality?

Artfuldodger

Across the river, if you disqualify the "if it is found in nature argument", then the flip side argument must also be disqualified.
Ergo the homosexuality is not natural and thus wrong argument is eliminated as well.

I'm not following you. Are you talking about sins that are found in nature?
If the "it isn't natural" makes it wrong then "it is natural" makes it right.

I'm not sure Christianity has much to do with nature when it comes to what God based his sin list on. Especially the Old Testament list. Some of the sins there go against what I would have added and other things that God thought were OK, I wouldn't have.
Especially concerning women as related to war, taking cities, etc.

TTom

Yes Artfull I'm saying that the argument "not natural=wrong, and it's reverse argument that "natural = right" are joined. We've seen the homosexuality is not natural argument here hundreds of times as a means to infer that it cannot be right, OK, etc.

I'm pointing out the fact that if someone argues that natural does not equal right, they cannot at the same time hold the belief that not natural equals wrong. It violates the Contraposition Law of logic.

Artfuldodger

Yeah I'm reminded of one of those nature shows(natural example) where the Alpha male primate hogs all the females for himself. I guess this natural concept insures that most of the offspring are big and strong like daddy.
Still the younger, skinnier, and weaker other males attempt to copulate without getting caught by Big Daddy.(quite entertaining to watch)

If we as Man were to follow that homosexuality isn't natural in nature, then we must also accept that the Alpha male in our group gets all the women.
It's natural and therefore, right.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I truly thought it was a sin or frowned upon by the whole world but it does appear to be mostly in Christian & Muslim Countries. Within those two, Christians, are the most tolerant or progressive in views toward homosexuals. Christians are also more tolerable in women's rights too. Any correlation?

I guess in all the other non-Christian or Muslim countries there just aren't many homosexuals. They didn't need any laws/sins against homosexuality.
In the Holy Lands at some point homosexuality must have gotten out of hand and thus needed laws/sins to control it.

Unless, unless there wasn't any more homosexuals in the Holy Land than anywhere else and the laws/sins were for heterosexuals. People exchanging one way for another. People abandoning one way for another.
Might be the difference in the penalty for being a homosexual is different with the Christian. We don’t kill the homosexual.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yeah I'm reminded of one of those nature shows(natural example) where the Alpha male primate hogs all the females for himself. I guess this natural concept insures that most of the offspring are big and strong like daddy.
Still the younger, skinnier, and weaker other males attempt to copulate without getting caught by Big Daddy.(quite entertaining to watch)

If we as Man were to follow that homosexuality isn't natural in nature, then we must also accept that the Alpha male in our group gets all the women.
It's natural and therefore, right.

Animals are controlled by instinct. Humans are controlled by affection. It’s not natural for man to fall in love with multiple women at one time. It’s leaning toward lust when there’s more than one. There’s no such thing as an affectionate animal. It might portray characteristics of what you think is affection but let someone else start feeding it.

No animal or human reproduces from a same sex relationship, something artificially must be done to fertilize unless they make a deal with a buddy, if nothing else, by default it’s not natural if the reproductive process has to be influenced by outside help.

Artfuldodger

Might be the difference in the penalty for being a homosexual is different with the Christian. We don’t kill the homosexual.

Has the penalty changed within Christianity? It appears that the three branches of the Abrahamic religions started out with the same laws and punishments but only Christianity offers a way out.
Thus why we don't kill the homosexual. The penalty of sin is death.

Artfuldodger

Any idea why homosexuality if frowned upon mostly worldwide. In all nations from tiny little villages to large cities.

Artfuldodger

Animals are controlled by instinct. Humans are controlled by affection. It’s not natural for man to fall in love with multiple women at one time. It’s leaning toward lust when there’s more than one. There’s no such thing as an affectionate animal. It might portray characteristics of what you think is affection but let someone else start feeding it.

No animal or human reproduces from a same sex relationship, something artificially must be done to fertilize unless they make a deal with a buddy, if nothing else, by default it’s not natural if the reproductive process has to be influenced by outside help.

Humans are still controlled by nature. Even within God's plan he made us animals. Maybe the only difference is we have souls and thus accountability.

The flesh is nature, the spirit is Spirit.

WE must fight nature our live long days in it. Maybe nature changed man from wanting to have multiple partners at one time to just having one.
It could be the natural urge to have more than one partner is still there(flesh), we just don't act on it (spirit.)

If one is going to use the argument "it's not natural" then we as humans must be "natural" to make the argument work.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If one is going to use the argument "it's not natural" then we as humans must be "natural" to make the argument work.
True

Any idea why homosexuality if frowned upon mostly worldwide. In all nations from tiny little villages to large cities.
"Naturally" its just not natural??????
Has the penalty changed within Christianity? It appears that the three branches of the Abrahamic religions started out with the same laws and punishments but only Christianity offers a way out.
Thus why we don't kill the homosexual. The penalty of sin is death.

Separate the physical and spiritual death and you`re on to something.

Artfuldodger

I wonder if being humans(man) it bothers us to be under so much power from our natural flesh?
I know I do. I wish that I wasn't so "natural."

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I wonder if being humans(man) it bothers us to be under so much power from our natural flesh?
I know I do. I wish that I wasn't so "natural."

The older I get the less the power of the “natural” gets the best of me at the beach, I look at half of the temptations and remind myself that I’m running on 4 cylinders now instead of the race engine.........so it doesn’t leave many to struggle over :D

Jack Ryan

If the God of Abraham is against homosexuality, why are most of the other so called Gods also against homosexuality?
If there is no correlation of Gods between the continents, how did the false God believers come up with the same concept of the one and only true God?
Did the one and only true God secretly put his belief into the false religion believers heads? If so why would he do this? Is homosexuality so bad that it's just a coincidence like murder? Why would some Atheist be against homosexuality?
I'm trying to see why it's more than a Christianity sin.

Common sense?

Artfuldodger

Maybe homosexuality being wrong is a two part thing. It's wrong for Christians because God said it was and it's wrong for the rest of the world because common sense tells them it is.

Artfuldodger

The older I get the less the power of the “natural” gets the best of me at the beach, I look at half of the temptations and remind myself that I’m running on 4 cylinders now instead of the race engine.........so it doesn’t leave many to struggle over :D

I know what you mean. Now that we mostly sit at home, we can look at how terrible the younger crowd is doing at not falling into temptation.

You talking 6 cylinder, right?

StriperAddict

Dmactds

Common sense?

I'm new here but I'll jump right in on this..., and it's about a question that's always perplexed me in my consideration of any number of thoughts, quandaries and beings and that is, if something has been around for as long as anyone has recorded anything, how can it be said to not be "natural"; and...., if we're all made in God's image what does that imply??

There're a couple of others like, when we're commanded , "Thou Shalt Not Kill", what does that include?? But that's a whole different question.

Dmactds

I suppose one way of regarding that map is that it's yet another illustration of "Man's inhumanity to Man" and outlines just how much we are lacking in realizing God's plan.
Many of those countries so hardline in their regard of homosexuality are very backward, unlearned in many graces and not the best examples of any of the best characteristics of humanity.

What else can you show me?

matt79brown

Not sure why Christianity pics on homosexuals so much. Yes it is sin. And maybe if we all hold hands and join in the fight against it we won't have to deal with all the fornication and adultery thats in many of our own hearts! Two hairy men loving up on each other ain't whats setting me back. Maybe it's easier to focus on someone else's sin than my own? I'm just sayin'.