For the money

ErikGibb

I’m sure this has been asked a million times so here’s a million and one. For the money what brand is the best quality, battery life ect. For the money?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
To me, the Moultrie deals. I got A35's at Dicks with memory cards and batteries for 60 to 80 dollars this year.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
WGI has been my go-to for cheap cams. So far, I've never gotten a bad one out of eight or ten, and the batteries last several months, even taking thousands of pics. Some folks put them down, but I've never had an issue at all with one in the last three or four years I've been using them. I leave them running 24/7/365, and I haven't even had one go bad yet. Not bad for <$50 cams. I get them on sale when they're in the $30-$50 range. The picture quality is as good or better than other brands I've tried, too.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
WGI has been my go-to for cheap cams. So far, I've never gotten a bad one out of eight or ten, and the batteries last several months, even taking thousands of pics. Some folks put them down, but I've never had an issue at all with one in the last three or four years I've been using them. I leave them running 24/7/365, and I haven't even had one go bad yet. Not bad for <$50 cams. I get them on sale when they're in the $30-$50 range. The picture quality is as good or better than other brands I've tried, too.

This !

sghoghunter

I know I'm going to get a lot of negative comments about my pic on this but if I buy anymore"non cellular" cameras it will be WGI. Up till two yrs ago I would of said moultrie all day long but the past couple yrs their cams have been nothing but problems. They have real good customer service but when I buy something I want it to work right then not later. Last yr I bought a Covert Blackhawk and it seems to be working fair but not near as good as my WGI's

Condor

Moultrie 999i

I have had real good luck with the Moultrie 999i camera.
I have had 7 units going on 3 years and no problems, good pictures, excellent battery life, (15,000 pictures on a set of batteries.)

Rogers Sporting Goods has the unit on sale for $89 apiece with no freight if you buy 2 units. When looked at with the combination of features, dependability and cost this is the unit that I am using at this time.

The WGI units I have had didn’t seem to last much more than a year and the slower trigger speeds and mediocre photo quality weren’t as good as the Moultrie 999i. Saying that, I haven’t bought a WGI in several years and they have probably improved in quality since then.

shdw633

I have been a die hard Moultrie individual for the last decade but last season I started to have issues with the newer cameras and started using Bushnell and have not had a single issue with any of mine for the last 3 seasons and they are always out there. Good pic quality and great trigger speed, as well as, dependability and that's what I am getting out of the Bushnell. I am looking to add another Bushnell cellular to my arsenal soon.

Jim Boyd

I am on a Cabela’s kick right now.

Lifetime warranty.

Excellent day pics but night pics have a spotlight effect.

I am tired, however, of throwing $100-150 cameras away, even the ones that ran a good many years.

Latest posts