Powder dispenser

To be honest, I sighted in the scope with blue box federals 150 grain. Off a saw horse and sandbags, it shoots 2.5 inches groups at 100 yards. I quickly realized my plain base cast 165 grain handloads we're not going to shoot in the same neighborhood. Starting load was in the dirt a few feet before the target. I moved the target in to 25 yards and shot up the remainder of my test batch. Starting at 17 grains and ending at 21. Should have know that a heavier bullet going 1000 fps slower than factory was going to hit much lower. I would like to develop a load that is similar to what I intend to hunt with. Was looking at the berry plated bullets. Same weight and profile as the factory load, rated for 1900 fps, and just as cheap as the cast. Just looking for a plinking round. I will hunt with factory stuff just want the ballistics closer so I can practice like I play so to speak.

(On a totally different note, I also took my new bergara 30-06 barrel for my TC. Man is it a shooter. 150 grain corelokts first three shots could have hid under a penny! Felt recoil was shockingly mild. The encore is one of those guns I like better ever time I shoot it.)

killerv

I've been enjoying the simplicity of the lee scoops and then trickling the rest. Can't tell you the last time I used my dispenser.

I've been enjoying the simplicity of the lee scoops and then trickling the rest. Can't tell you the last time I used my dispenser.

I busted my piggy bank and ordered the full set off Lee Dipper's. $11 from Amazon. Speed is of no concern in my rifle shell reloading. At this point I don't see any advantage too getting away from the reloading bench faster and back to watching Netflix.

transfixer

To be honest, I sighted in the scope with blue box federals 150 grain. Off a saw horse and sandbags, it shoots 2.5 inches groups at 100 yards. I quickly realized my plain base cast 165 grain handloads we're not going to shoot in the same neighborhood. Starting load was in the dirt a few feet before the target. I moved the target in to 25 yards and shot up the remainder of my test batch. Starting at 17 grains and ending at 21. Should have know that a heavier bullet going 1000 fps slower than factory was going to hit much lower. I would like to develop a load that is similar to what I intend to hunt with. Was looking at the berry plated bullets. Same weight and profile as the factory load, rated for 1900 fps, and just as cheap as the cast. Just looking for a plinking round. I will hunt with factory stuff just want the ballistics closer so I can practice like I play so to speak.

(On a totally different note, I also took my new bergara 30-06 barrel for my TC. Man is it a shooter. 150 grain corelokts first three shots could have hid under a penny! Felt recoil was shockingly mild. The encore is one of those guns I like better ever time I shoot it.)

As you get more into reloading I suspect you will want to hunt with your own reloads as well ,, even buying premium projectiles the savings is more than half from buying a box of factory loads, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment to harvest an animal with a load you made yourself ! at least it does me.

Every animal I've taken for the last 30yrs or more I've taken with one of my own reloads.