Help id weed in my yard

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have a section of my backyard that has been neglected and this stuff is trying to take over , I recently sprayed my entire yard with 2-4-d , will it kill this stuff , it seems to be working on other broad leafs but only tips of this stuff is burned a little , thanks !

Attachments

• 7F91D3E6-262F-4174-AAE2-CE7D2E4520A0.jpg
    7F91D3E6-262F-4174-AAE2-CE7D2E4520A0.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 376

antharper

Staff member
Thanks gump , the 2-4-d got the dandelions , and your link says it may take several applications to kill the other , but that’s what it is !

antharper

Staff member
You could hit it again with roundup and 24d if the grass is still dormant or spot spray it.

My grass is Bermuda and I am starting to see a little green will the roundup effect it much !

westcobbdog

My grass is Bermuda and I am starting to see a little green will the roundup effect it much !

I would think it would. I would pull that stuff up by hand. Use a long flat head screw driver to get the roots up. You could also treat the yard using Trugreen, Ect..Also Scotts makes a good weed and feed product to put in your spreader to knock down weeds next year. Its worked well in my bermuda yard.

doomtrpr_z71

If you are greening up I would spot spray, the Bermuda will be stunted if you spray the whole yard. A weed and feed will not help with those weeds most likely as the rates of 24d and dicamba are quite low.

antharper

Staff member
I would think it would. I would pull that stuff up by hand. Use a long flat head screw driver to get the roots up. You could also treat the yard using Trugreen, Ect..Also Scotts makes a good weed and feed product to put in your spreader to knock down weeds next year. Its worked well in my bermuda yard.

Way to much to hand pull , the crappie are biting and it’s almost Turkey season , I sprayed my whole yard a week ago and most is looking sick, I mixed up a little stronger batch of 2-4d today and spot sprayed this stuff , will wait a few days and spray it again if needed , thanks for y’all’s help !