Trackrock Hammer-in

Anvil Head

#34 Trackrock Hammer-in Spring 2018

Date: Weekend of March 23th & 24th
Directions: WWW.TRACKROCK.COM 706-745-2420
Best News: Open to all & no admission fees!
Activities: Bladesmithing, Hawk forging, Leather Crafting, Anything Knife Related

Who: Anyone interested in knives, knife making, hawks, leather work, collecting, trading, etc. Watch, meet and talk talented bladesmiths, master leather craftsmen, collectors, etc.
See old discarded steel, scrap metal, wood and bone transformed into functional works of art.

General: Craftsmen and visitors from all over USA and other countries, Finished knives on display & for sale, Collections on display, Materials and Supply Vendors, etc.

This is a Family oriented event so:
Behave!
No unsafe or reckless behavior will be tolerated.

Additional: “Iron in the Hat” event Saturday to help fund event. Please bring usable item for this event. A chance to pick up valuable plunder - knifemaking materials, parts and pieces. Strictly voluntary, participation encouraged.

Charity Knife Donation: Custom knife will be on display during the event and drawing will be Saturday pm. Proceeds go to Charity selected by Donater/Maker (see attached flyer).

Accommodations: Full hook-up & primitive camping available (check web site), Trackrock is an excellent campground and very well maintained. Several motels nearby: Blairsville and Young Harris.

Catered BBQ plate available on site Saturday lunch – Pricing set by caterer. (Always reasonable.)

Please contact me if you wish to participate, or need any further information.
Carl Rechsteiner
pm here on forum

Below is Benefit Knife made and donated by Colt Gentry a regular at Trackrock.

Attachments

• Colt Gentry 1.docx.jpg
    Colt Gentry 1.docx.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 842
  • Colt Gentry 2.docx.jpg
    Colt Gentry 2.docx.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 845

StriperrHunterr

I've been waiting for this announcement since we met last fall. Outstanding news. I already have it on my calendar and I'll definitely see you up there.

Anvil Head

Just a bump, coming up fast!

Bkeepr

Hi Carl count me in! (Scrimshaw Kathy) bringing the checkbook LOL

Anvil Head

Bring some of your scrim work Miss Kathy. Always enjoy looking.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Dang. Opening weekend of turkey season. I'd love to see some of y'all's work up close. I've got a bunch of old files for the iron in the hat to.

Anvil Head

There's "turkeys" at every forge......

Bkeepr

Well there are some WMA's and national forest nearby, get up early and hunt then come hang out with us.

Anvil Head

Just a note for you that tend to contact me at the last minute about Trackrock. Phone service up there is very iffy. If I do not reply it's not because of the sketchy service......I just don't like you!

All kidding aside - it is poor service up there for most providers, especially mine. Also My texting function has flaked out - I can send a text but not receive one, go figure. So that's out completely.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Is Trackrock dog friendly? Leached of course.

Anvil Head

Where do you thing we get the BBQ? Just kidding of course. Yes, as long as they are well behaved and not allowed to wander loose around the forging area, as they can become a trip hazard for patricipants working with hot steel. We don't want anyone, including dogs, getting hurt. The campground is ok with them and there is a lot of grassy areas for exercise. You, of course, will be responsible for "maintenance" of your 4 legged buddy.

StriperrHunterr

Just a note for you that tend to contact me at the last minute about Trackrock. Phone service up there is very iffy. If I do not reply it's not because of the sketchy service......I just don't like you!

All kidding aside - it is poor service up there for most providers, especially mine. Also My texting function has flaked out - I can send a text but not receive one, go figure. So that's out completely.

What provider?

Anvil Head

What provider?
I have verison, but most everyone has the same problem (talking several diff providers). Some days you can find a good spot but most the time you get dropped halfway through a conversation. Texting seems to get through better, however my texting reception (my old phone) has taken a vacation - Verison can't or won't fix it (they are pushing upgrade of course).

fndrbndr - until the evening meal around 5. Sometimes some of the guys come back after eating and forge a few hours more.

fndrbndr

Thanks.I have to deliver a load to NC Friday night Sat morn and wont get back home till about 7 Sat morn. I might try to make it up there.

Anvil Head

Thanks, Always good to see you Dan. I promise I'm gonna make time for next tree rat season.
Special congrats to StripprrHunterr - just took one ticket and he got to go home with a custom knife. 1st timers luck?
I apologize to all of you that showed up that I didn't get to speak with, most of you could see why........it never let up from first spark to last snuff out. Still soaking my feets, start unpacking today - Yuk!

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I sure hate that I missed this. I had a hog hunting trip planned in swga and didn't realize this was goin on until after the fact. I know, I know, theres plenty of hogs right there where you guys was at. Did any one happen to take any pictures of this event?

Anvil Head

Lots of pics taken by lots of folks (just not me, my hands are always full with other stuff). Hopefully some will post what they took here. I know there will be some posted on Blade Forums and iKC (i Knife Collector) with other places also hosting pics like fB. Try a google search and should get lots of links in the next few days.
Get any piggys? Yeah we had a few right there at the event.....already on a bun with sauce, coleslaw, baked beans, and chips. Was an easy hunt for us.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Thanks. I will do a search as you suggested. I got 7 pigs on my trip within the first 36 hrs, thanks for askin. It was a fun trip.