Taylor County

musk rat

I'm hunting Taylor also. Saw a doe and 2 yearlings Sat. morning. And a few turkeys but that was all. Hopefully it'll get better when the acorns start falling.

musk rat

Anybody hunting this weekend? According to GON the feed times aren't too good but I'm going anyway. I was wondering if anyone has noticed any deer movement lately? I'm hoping the acorns are falling a little better this weekend. GLTA.

George J

Anybody hunting this weekend? According to GON the feed times aren't too good but I'm going anyway. I was wondering if anyone has noticed any deer movement lately? I'm hoping the acorns are falling a little better this weekend. GLTA.

I went last weekend and had a chance on a doe. Deer are moving early morning. I did more work then hunting. Good luck.

AQuiverFull

I haven't had any morning movement but seen several doe & younglin's in the evenings...

musk rat

I went Sat. morning and saw nothing but I think I spooked one going to the stand. That's the only time I got to hunt due to planting food plots. I did walk to another stand Sun. morning around 8:00 just to see if anything was moving about and saw a doe and 2 yearlings. I'll try again this coming weekend and hope I can hunt a little bit longer this time. I really want to take my first deer with a bow.

Curtis-UGA

I hunted my folks farm in Taylor on Satuurday evening and saw 3 hunting Sawtooths and corn. Hunted red oaks Sunday morning and ran deer out walking in. Saw 2 from the stand. The red oaks were dropping good. Be back this weekend.

musk rat

Looks like the first cool front coming through this weekend! Maybe a little rain with it Friday which would be great for the food plots and a Sat. morning hunt! Can't wait.

musk rat

For me personally, the first week of November I see a lot of deer movement. The biggest buck I saw last year already had busted up antlers so I let him walk. He was a nice 10 point but 2 tines were broke off so I'm hoping he shows back up this year. I plan on taking a week off during this time cause usually the cameras are showing a good bit of bucks.

Curtis-UGA

Hunted in evening on 10/04. Hunting red oaks killed one doe and saw 4 more. Dad hunted Sawtooths and corn and saw 7.

musk rat

I only saw 1 doe this weekend and I chose to let her walk. Maybe this weekend will be better but it looks like for now it's not going to be as cool as I would like.

musk rat

Went bow hunting twice this weekend and only saw one spike and 5 turkeys. Saw quite a few scrapes and a couple of rubs. Just really need some rain for the food plots cause it's mighty dry!

stevo15

Lot of scrapes and a couple horned trees in Taylor on our property. I killed an 8 point last Tuesday after he checked a scrape. Lot of mature deer on their feet in the last couple of weeks. This weekend should be a good one.

musk rat

Saw a lot of does and yearlings this past weekend. Some of the does were tearing up a licking branch so it must be getting close. There was a big scrape under the branch also. I saw a lot of scrapes but not many rubs. Got a bunch of pictures also of bucks checking scrapes. Still need some rain, the plots are not near as good as they should be but the deer are using them. Cool weather on the way this weekend and I'm taking next week off from work so hopefully something will start happening!

George J

I will be in the tree Halloween morning ready for the buck that sliced and dice a cypress tree in front of me. Good luck everyone!

mockjaybird

Is anyone seeing any type of rutting activity in Taylor? Been up here since Saturday, my brother is seeing 10 to 12 does every time he sits with no bucks anywhere! I saw two does yesterday evening. Is it still early yet?

Jeff Phillips

I am on vacation this week and will be splitting my time between Taliaferro and Taylor. Our plots in Taylor are just about dead due to lack of rain.