McDuffie-Warren- Wilkes County LFTT

mauser64

In a holler between the pines. Purty mornin.

Hunted McDuffie all wkend. Saw deer every sit. Bucks are starting to cruise and chase. The action should really break loose by 10/25.

deerhuntingdawg

Just noticed this thread. I saw 11 deer over the weekend in Warren County. Two 8 pointers passed. Saw 1 in Mcduffie yesterday morning. No shooters yet, but the rut is right around the corner!

cfuller6

Been slower the past few days, saw a good many little bucks cruising / chasing over the weekend particularly in the mornings . Past two evenings have let me down, but I think it could busy loose in next 5 days. Anyone else seeing more on the a.m. Hunts?

Monday afternoon saw 2 small bucks and 3 does. The small 6ptr ran a doe out of the plot. Tuesday afternoon saw one small buck at 7pm.

cfuller6

3 does this evening around 5:30, heard some more behind me . Another member heard some grunting and chasing this afternoon . It's right around the corner.... Will hunt hard this weeknd

mauser64

Not quite there in Norwood. Next week and the week after should be the time. Still finding lots of scrapes being used.

cfuller6

Went to a new spot with the climber , overlooking a ridge and creek surrounded by bedding area. Had deer all over me before daylight... Ended up seeing a 4 Pointer @9:00. Our neighbor killed a good 9 pointer around 9:15 by himself.

I'm starting to develop a patter of seeing nothing but spikes and 4 pointers ....dang it

mauser64

This am was dead. 5 hunters only 1 deer seen. Maybe tonite.

mauser64

Saw one shooter at last light, too dark to see specifics and couldn't get a good sight picture on him so I held off. Try to catch him coming back in the am.

LHefner17

Warren

Sitting in a ground blind trying to get my girlfriend her first deer just outside Norwood. Had a nice 8 and die killed yesterday on club and bucks are laying tons of sign maybe it will happen for her this morning

Friday eve saw one mature buck. Saturday morn saw 6 does and a button head. Saw nothing Saturday afternoon. And this morn 5 does and a small buck with left side broken off.

ospreydog

Been hunting Mcduffie since Thursday, saw deer every morning and evening hunt. Small bucks grunting and just starting to chase some. Lots of fresh scrapes everywhere, should be really good by mid week. I'm going back tomorrow for the rest of the week so maybe I can connect with a big one.

cfuller6

rattled up 2 bucks this afternoon, let a real nice 8 point walk at 20 yards . They are really responding to the horns right now ... Another member rattled up and killed an old 7 pointer . He was rutted up and stinking