Buffalo+GT1535+Landshark=

dm/wolfskin

Boy I like to hunt after a good rain and rain it did yesterday. We got 3 inches. Anyway I headed down the road to the farm at 5pm this afternoon and as I turned in I spotted some pigs in the head high johnson grass. I park and grab my bow and arrows after putting on my boots. Got the wind right but after 30 minutes of my search no pigs to be found. Right at dark I see two pigs coming put of the soybean field and go into the woods. I again get down wind from where they went in. I start to head into the woods and hear that familiar sound of a pig grunt. As I ease in the trees and bushes, there they are right in front of me at 10 or a little more yards. There's four that I can see. Two are 80 plus pounds and I'am waiting for the right angle on either one. As soon as the forward angle of both them is presented to me this smaller sow steps in front of them and also gives me a good shot. I didn't hesitate one second and let the Big Jim Buffalo bow + a GT1535 shaft and a Landshark broadhead zip right behind her right shoulder. She lunge foward and got tangled up in some greenbrier for a few seconds before going fifty yard and doing the death squeal right there.

Attachments

• IHSOW-10-15-14 2014-10-15 002.jpg
    IHSOW-10-15-14 2014-10-15 002.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IHSOW-10-15-14 2014-10-15 004.jpg
    IHSOW-10-15-14 2014-10-15 004.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 328

dm/wolfskin

No video. Didn't have the camera on it. One slit from the land-shark caused a lot of bleeding that was coming out pretty good. I check to see if I got the heart but the arrow went over it and into the left shoulder. Easy drag to the truck. Quarter her up on the tail gate right there dragged the carcass back into the wood for other critters to enjoy my kill. My back sure likes the tail gate method.

Last edited: