Bottle Identification

Stonewall 2

I found this bottle about 25 years ago while reading meters in downtown Savannah. Thought it was pretty neat and kept it. I just recently found it in a box had forgotten about it. Just curious if anyone has any info on it or if it has any value.

It's hard to see but looks like it has 701 on the bottom with a l (small line) in the middle of the 0.

Osprey

Banned
Is there writing on lower edge of the bottle?

It looks like there is on the left side facing the camera.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Probably not, but it reminds me of an old (labeled) iodine bottle that was my Grandmothers "go to" for just about everything, medical.

Attachments

• iodine.JPG
    iodine.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 399

JonathanG2013

Found a few of those at my Grandma's house. If I remember right they were used to put medicine in. The brown color of the bottle was used to protect the medicine from sun light.

Osprey

Banned
Can you photo me the bottom?

Osprey

Banned
I was thinking iodine or Mercurochrome bottle.

Osprey

Banned
I think these are much older than what you have, the O I symbol on yours was used after '54, but I think this maybe the type bottle you have.

page22.jpg

page23.jpg

Here's is a link to a catalog

https://sha.org/bottle/igco1926.htm

Start on page 20

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
Could be a snuff bottle. It was common years ago.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I think these are much older than what you have, the O I symbol on yours was used after '54, but I think this maybe the type bottle you have.

page22.jpg

page23.jpg

Here's is a link to a catalog

https://sha.org/bottle/igco1926.htm

Start on page 20

My first thought when I saw your original post was that it reminded me of the old type Iodine bottles that my Mother used on me and our family members back in the late 50's when I was a kid.

Osprey,
After seeing your photos shown above, The Diamond "I" design bottle with the flat-head red cork with the glass applicator shown is exactly the same type, size and amber colored bottle that my family used with the rubberized top and the glass type insert to actually rub the Iodine onto any wounds etc.

This is surely a memory from the past. :cheers: