Electric Service Pole info ???

Re-tired

Hey all you master electricians. Could you advise what service cable/wire size I need to hook up my service pole to Georgia powers wires? 2-2-4 copper or aluminum or what. It's a new service that I have to install all components and wiring, meter base and breaker. they didn't list the size I need for hooking mine to Ga. Power. It's 3 wire 200 amp. Thanks much. Stay cool this heat's a killer!! :huh::banginghe

sghoghunter

I'm not real familiar with different county's regulations and what picky inspectors want but We see mostly 4/0 hot legs with 2/0 neutral

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The county should have that info. Contact the inspection dept.
ask them what is needed. A lot of power like Ga power want there meter can and what nots.
Home depo have pre built poles, just saying.
Good luck

Re-tired

Thanks Much. They gave me all the meter & breaker spec's have to call during the week. Thanks again.

Uncle Dawg Bone

I'm not real familiar with different county's regulations and what picky inspectors want but We see mostly 4/0 hot legs with 2/0 neutral
Yes, 4/0 with 2/0or 3/0 Neut. If you are running it up a conduit to a weather head just ask the supply house for a 200 amp 3 wire underground or "triplex" wire.